1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I earning the right amout?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by BANAGO, May 10, 2013.

Hi guys,
    and I do
    I run this websites proverbhunter.com and I run adsense ads on it. I red some stuff about the placement and improved that some times ago.

Firstly, I have about 1500 page views daily and I make about $20 per month. Is this a normal earning rate?
    Secondly, is my ad placement good enough?

Thanks very much for your insights?

Last edited: May 10, 2013
    BANAGO, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think any website has the same aspect when it comes to ad placement, as you really need to experiment yourself to actually see what does and doesn't work. There are many factors that determine ad placement and the one big thing that I've noticed is if the traffic your site is getting is organic or through referrals. This would influence how well your site would do in AdSense. I tend to find organic traffic to be the best when it comes to ad clicks.

I would try putting a banner underneath your alphabet navigation bar. I think your ads need to be more exposed, and I think under the nav bar would do that. IMHO. Just experiment. If it doesn't work then try other placements. Keep trying and changing until it works.

echo_unlimited, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not see any issues with your ad placement but would like to say that, implement a "trial and error" run on placing ads and see which one works you out. As the above poster said, ad placement doesn't work in similar fashion for everyone and it is indeed a "trial and run" for a successful site.

nhed, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. BANAGO

BANAGO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Before I read stuff about ad placement I was doing less the half of want I do now and it seemed to work. I still have to do some further testing though as you suggest. Thanks very much for the insight.

I would like to know though if my current earnings can be considered low or somewhat normal based on the pageview numbers I provided.

BANAGO, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting 1500 real page views and only $20 per month then I'd say it's pretty low. But it varies from niche to niche, so my answer is not definite.

echo_unlimited, May 11, 2013 IP
  6. BANAGO

BANAGO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I'm getting real organic traffic of 1500 page views. Just to have an idea, how much would be considered normal earning generally speaking?

BANAGO, May 11, 2013 IP
  7. Manoranjan

Manoranjan Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I had a website. I used to earn 2 to 3 usd per 1000 pageviews. So, I think you have less earning. I had only 50/60 pages. I used to do seo regularly in a traditional way. However, my site got affected by penguin. So I stopped the site as it was not profitable.

Manoranjan, May 12, 2013 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    About $5 CPM/RPM is what I was aiming for with adsense as a minimum. My main leverage was ad placement (CTR) of course.

JamesColin, May 13, 2013 IP
  9. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree about the ad placement being fine. I think having it at mainly at the bottom could be impacting potential clicks.

Have you tried putting a temporary heat map on there to see where your users are clicking? Nearly all of the links on your home page are in the top half of the page meaning even if I click the last link in your side nav, I'm not seeing the 2 ads at the bottom of the page...

scottlpool2003, May 13, 2013 IP
  10. opticalpigion

opticalpigion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If you are getting 1000 visitors then your earning is low.
    Your ad placement is good, in my opinion you should change advertise text color to dark red or green. By that way it will catch eye of your visitors.

opticalpigion, May 13, 2013 IP