1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by justtara, Mar 22, 2005.

I have fairly active site about ADD I do ok with my Amazon Book Sales. When I first signed up for adsense I started to add it to my site but noticed most of the ads were for nutritional supplements that claimed to "cure" ADD/ADHD. I was really turned off by these ads and the marketing technique by one company specifically.

I tried to block those ads and each time I got them all a day or 2 later this company would add another domain to sell this stuff. It got to the point that my time and energy spending on filtering out this stuff wasn't worth it and I had no idea how much I could make off of adsense.

Since this time I have added adsense to my one of my other site which is for entertainment purposes. I don't like the ads it's doesn't matter that much to me since are pretty much going there to talk about a TV show.

I haven't made a ton of money from adsense but it got me thinking about how much more I could be making if I added it to my ADD site.

So am I crazy for not adding it to most of my pages?

justtara, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Integrity is worth something as well. If you believe the products advertised are crap and your audience shouldn't be exposed to it then I'd steer away from AdSense indeed. Try alternatives where you can trigger ads yourself or try CJ etc.

T0PS3O, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I agree that there is nothing wrong or crazy about wanting to control how your site is represented. Remember that most internet users don't understand the fact that you didn't choose those ads to be on your site. If they do anything to hurt your reputation, there is nothing crazy about not having them.

yfs1, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  4. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    That is one tough issue with showing ads on sites these days. There is no niche control other than what they have put in place. Eventually we will probably have some light control to not show a specific ad, yet as always google only gives a small bit of control. They like to push the buttons:)

keywordguru, Mar 22, 2005 IP