1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I Being Unreasonable?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Homer, Nov 6, 2007.

1. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    :D - I think they find it hard to do because 1) it requires paying someone else to do it most of the time, 2) it takes time to do it themselves and they can't or don't want to spend the time on it, and/or 3) they pay someone for original content and don't realize that they didn't actually get unique content - just regurgitated garbage - until its too late. Hence all the complaints about poor content after payment...(You get what you pay for, but that's another huge thread already :) )

Oh, and sometimes people are just plain lazy - I mean, why leave the WoW battle to take fifteen or twenty minutes to crank out a short something new and interesting about the topic at hand when they can just use the same sorry articles they used at the other ten sites? LOL!

internetauthor, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, if you decide to go with revenue sharing let me know and I'll add it to the list (see sig). :)

usasportstraining, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  3. voicework

voicework Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think that your readers would appreciate content that is original and not duped. But from a writers point of view...especially the one you are referring to...he's obviously not thinking about that. He's thinking about himself. I think that's what separates some writers from others. Some actually care about the subject matter, the content and originality of their work.
    Voicework

voicework, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yes, what we have been able to do over the last few months is develop a "trusted" list of good authors. We have noticed SEO writers that are writing/ submitting for other clients are the most careless. There are authors that really care about their subject and it is evidenced in their writing style. However, they are not all in the know about the potential harm in submitting one article to 100's/1000's of directories.

The rejection sample I posted earlier doesn't contain the links to credible sources confirming the potential harm in heavy duplication. We are really trying to help them...at the same time help us ;).

I also write and submit to other ezines. My fav is http://ezinearticles(dot)com. The only negative (for me) is the abundance of AS. But I guess you gotta make living. My directory is very small in comparison, but I want to make it powerful with juicy content. I have gained some valuable insight on how that can happen by starting a thread @ DP.

Thanks to jhmattern (jenn) I can now see the psyche behind what this raging email was about.

Thanks to ALL

H

Homer, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  5. Atlantaguy

Atlantaguy Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% as you certainly don't want duplicate content.

Atlantaguy, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  6. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that. As a result of the comments by all on this thread (especially Jenn) changes are slowly being made to improve the branding and perks for expert authors that take time to write expert content for this site.

I am seeing some strong signals now from the search engines that they agree also :).

Still much work to do!

Cheers,

H

Homer, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  7. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:

Hehe, that is gold.

Need to remember that one!

vanquishdesign, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  8. vanquishdesign

vanquishdesign Peon

Best Answers:

1. It is your site, you can have what rules you like. If people don't like it, they can submit the duplicate content elswhere. Seems fair.

2. Does the duplicate content catcher software give you the 2 articles to compare with human eyes?

vanquishdesign, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  9. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I wasn't clear in my original post how we confirm duplication but, yes it is a combination of software and human eyes.

However, some come back with obvious duplication that human eyes are not required. Basically we determine that the exact article is in many other locations online before it is rejected.

H

Homer, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I have been modifying this site thanks to much of the advice from this thread.

Update:

Also many were curious on how I could be so confident in saying that we catch all duped content. I made a little video on catching duplicated content for anyone that is interested.

Cheers

H

Homer, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  11. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you are being unreasonable. But it wouldn't bother me none. I'll just move on to another site.

I am not about to give my high quality articles to JUST one site and lose money. That is so incredibly stupid, it is beyond words.

Sorry.

As for this "duplicate content." It's BS.

As for this "your readers wil appreciate it." It is also BS.

Come on, let's get real here.

But if this policy is working for you just fine, don't let that "author" bug you any. Keep doing it.

Perry Rose, Jan 26, 2008 IP