1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am i being spammed ?

Discussion in 'Security' started by procrastinator, May 18, 2007.

This week has been really bad , my servage hosting was disabled twice, because of ....... hold your breath too much traffic , many hits !! (they have some 400000 per day limit ..anyway)

.. i checked my google analyctics stats, i checked my advertisers stats , but it didnt show anything unusual.

I then checked servage's own stats & i was shocked

i who usually have 3000 pageviews , suddenly had 491373 pageviews :|
    i check the stats more (reffering pages) to find some forums had hotlinked the pics
    hxxp://board7.cgiworld.paran.com////view.cgi?id=ww9cn4&now=1&jd=-1&ino=60&tmp_no=60
    hxxp://74.52.13.50/index3.htm
    etc

what are these forums ? spam forums ?

and they were all chewing up my bandwidth ...and i checked a few of the pages..to find out only 3 images they used ...i deleted the three images & thumbnails they used ..however the hits are still piling in & im sure the account will be disabled again ,

im totally out of clue what this is !!

procrastinator, May 18, 2007 IP
  2. Davidj

Davidj Peon

Best Answers:
    procrastinator,

From what I can see it's most likely you being hotlinked.
    Try disabling their access via .htaccess using some method of hotlink disabling, e.g. allow only certain sites.

Here's an example:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(.+\.)?mysite\.com/ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
    RewriteRule .*\.(jpe?g|gif|bmp|png)$ - [F]

Replace mysite\.com/ with your domain name. Remember to leave it in the exact syntax it's in. That will output a 403 error to the bastards in the meantime :)

Davidj, May 21, 2007 IP
    procrastinator likes this.