1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I being boring

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Mark Toro, Jan 20, 2016.

Hi there

I've just started writing for a blog on project management but looking at it now I'm a bit worried my writing is a bit boring although it does give the SIMPLE facts which is the purpose. So many blogs seem to be full of AWESOME exciting content. Any feedback from the community appreciated. www.worldprojectpro.com

Tnx
    Mark

Mark Toro, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  2. WLEadmin

WLEadmin Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a quick poke around and, given the context, I think you're all right. The posts are informational (or encyclopaedic, if you prefer), so you're not trying to motivate, inspire or grab attention - you're trying to inform. As an educational medium, the content is easy to read and understand, clear and reasonably concise.

There will no doubt be plenty of room for exciting, engaging writing when you get into the creative side of things, talking about innovation and unusual approaches to managing a project, the kind of weirdos managers have to handle and other fun topics, but for the basics I don't see an issue.

WLEadmin, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  3. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    This is every content writer's nightmare. We all have our doubts when it comes to our articles. Nevertheless, your form seems to be ok. Now, whether people will like it or not, it is an individual thing. Articles are informative so in that regard, you are making your point. There is always room from improvement of course. Perhaps you wanna spice it up by adding different types of content, perhaps one serious article and one casual? Just a thought. Have in mind that you have a blog and that (in the end) you can do whatever you want with it.

niksto82, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  4. Mark Toro

Mark Toro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback - always valuable. I think you're right I need to mix the informative stuff with a few more edgy articles

Mark Toro, Jan 20, 2016 IP
  5. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    Sure thing man, glad that we can help you. Hopefully, you will find a style that suits you and your readers. Have in mind that writing is a really relative thing. Although most literary experts would say that Dostoevsky is one of the best writers of all time, most of us kids would sleep during the classes when teacher read it to us ;)

niksto82, Jan 21, 2016 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that your blog is clean, well-written, etc. The content seems to be aimed at project management newbies (i.e., PM 101) so if that is your target audience, I think that you are fine. If you are hoping to connect with PM professionals working in industry, I think that they would find the content uninteresting/boring/too basic.

jrbiz, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  7. aaronlzx

aaronlzx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everything on your blog looks really good, one of the better ones that I've seen! The graphics are great, the headlines are clean, and it really projects a professional image. There's not much to improve on, but you could try including a few real world examples for your readers to connect with. It'll also give it a bit more colour. And I find that it always helps to inject a bit of humour into your writing. Great job though! Hope this helps :)

aaronlzx, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  8. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    bah. Since I started writing SEO/keyword, or web content in general, I've started noticing it everywhere. Exciting and awesome content? Where, when, how? Yesterday I spent 15 minutes watching a short on "which came first: chicken or egg", and all I could think of was that if I had to 15 minutes of screentime and I had to write about this topic(without having a single full sentence to say about it), I would write the exact same shit, which is the same stuff that Google is full of. News, tv, radio, all kinds of internet related content is supremely boring. That's why 90% just skim through it, and the remaining 10% are probably just grammar nazis on a crusade.

Nothing in the internet comes even close to Dostoevsky, and if that is what you are comparing your site to then yes, it is boring. So boring that I'd shoot myself if I was expecting it to come close to Dostoevsky. But if you compare it to the rest of the internet your site is just fine. Yeah, I skimmed through it. Read just long enough to notice that you have what you need there, good overall site and the language you use flows easily.

Karri, Jan 25, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.