1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am i banned from google?? HELP!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by msj484, May 22, 2005.

I woke up this morning, and checked my serps for google. NONE of my pages are in the serps anymore. i had at least 20 different pages ranked well in google, not they are all gone. I was banned from yahho, because i only have 1 page indexed there, and i used to have thousands. MSN is dropping my serp spots, and now google has. I am still indexed in both yahoo and google. this is scary are weird. could it be google is doing some kind of update that would do this? HELP!!!

msj484, May 22, 2005 IP
  2. Kasparoff

Kasparoff Peon

Best Answers:
    How long have you had good rankings? Perhaps, Google isn't yet indexed your website well and updated all data centers.

Kasparoff, May 22, 2005 IP
  3. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The latest google update hit allot of us hard, including me..... I ranked on the first page for several keywords and now am several hundred spots down.

Dastar, May 22, 2005 IP
  4. msj484

msj484 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i mean. this just happened last nite. and i have like 15k pages indexed in google still. was there an update last night or something?

msj484, May 22, 2005 IP
  5. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's been an update going on for the past few days.

Dastar, May 22, 2005 IP
  6. msj484

msj484 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is what is happening to me normal then? my spots could disappear and come back at an instant then right?

msj484, May 22, 2005 IP
  7. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google is going through a major change. As previously mentioned, many rankings have gone from top ten to entirely out of the top 200. With google, no one ever knows what will happen next. They could come back, they might not.

There is some speculation that google has changed the weight it is giving to duplicate links - i.e. links that have the same exact description - in an effort to curb trading and the sale of high PR links which artifically increase rankings..... again, no one outside of google knows for sure.

--------

The one change I am going to make.....

Change up the text decription on any trading of links. While I have no idea of what is going on with google, using the same text in link exchanges sure would make it easy for google to discount links as not being natural. By using the same description of your site, it has to look like you bought advertising or traded links. So-called "natural" mentions of your site would tend to be worded more unique and not so cookie-cutter.

mjewel, May 22, 2005 IP
  8. msj484

msj484 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well thanks for the ease all. i just wanted to make sure i was not going crazy or loosing my spots. although i might....

msj484, May 22, 2005 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    From reading several of these threads on multiple SEO forums, it appears to me that this is a widespread problem which is affecting many web sites.

It looks like Google just dropped part of its database.

I hope they pick it up soon. :(

Will.Spencer, May 22, 2005 IP
  10. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    No its not down

yfs1, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  11. nile1483

nile1483 Active Member

Best Answers:
    last week my website www.propertyahmedabad.com is top in the keyword property ahmedabad but this week i found my site on third page how it happen?

nile1483, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  12. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    Lame..you sell fake shoes man.

charless, Oct 27, 2005 IP