1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am getting massive bot traffic from Clickbank sites - help!

Discussion in 'Security' started by Pikachoo, Nov 7, 2012.

Last month I noticed a huge increase in traffic to a website that usually receives a low volume of visitors.
    Last month 60GB bandwidth and 130k uniques (bots rather).
    When you visit any of these referring sites, it goes to a clickbank product. If you refresh, you get another clickbank product and so on.
    Eventually the website gets banned by google.
    I got on to clickbank thinking they had a rogue affiliate, but no, the landing pages were all hop0 and different vendors.
    Hostgator shut us down due to high CPU usage and I moved the site elsewhere.
    I have been able to regulate the traffic by using htaccess to block the referring domains:

RewriteEngine on
    # Options +FollowSymlinks
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} torponillsale\.com [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ambeumgat\.com [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} seksaidna\.com [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} uvlappevn\.com [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} tredoma\.com
    RewriteRule .* - [F]
    Code (markup):
    That's a condensed list - there's now about 50 domains and I am blocking ip's also. It's like whackamole. Block one site and another 2 start sending bots. Got hacked off last night and just blocked out the whole of Romainia!
    All these domains have the same nameservers.

ns4.rolfdtns.kz
    ns3.rolfdtns.kz
    Code (markup):
    or

ns15.rolfdtns.kz
    ns16.rolfdtns.kz
    Code (markup):
    I have emailed them and asked them to "cut it out", or words to that effect.
    Now the bots are still getting through somehow.

Usually when something happens, you can find something on the forums but this has been going on for weeks and no word.
    Anyone else having this? What is the point anyway? The referring sites just get banned eventually.

Pikachoo, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  2. blockdos

blockdos Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can ban them with iptables string match, OR you can try tcpdump to see if they have any odd stuff you can also block on. IF you was on a server

So all this is crap traffic you got by signing on clickbank?

With hostgator limits, even if you had a lot of legitimate traffic from searches and bots you could get banned. If you have a revenue generating site that is expected to get a good steady amount of traffic you should just get a small vps

blockdos, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  3. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, i'll get putty jacked up and have a look. OSE firewall seems to have plugged a few gaps meanwhile.
    We're selling a clickbank product but I think it's just coincidence. These referring sites just rotate clickbank products, but with no affiliate links. These spammers do not seem to be making any cash out of it :confused:.

Pikachoo, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  4. aviglobe

aviglobe Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, what bot are you using? I create bots, maybe I can improve on your already successful bot!

aviglobe, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  5. bluebios

bluebios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just ban there IP of there main server.

bluebios, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  6. Pikachoo

Pikachoo Member

Best Answers:
    Main server ip does not resolve.

Pikachoo, Dec 9, 2012 IP