1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Altering the Open.fp5 file?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Chazzim, Apr 7, 2008.

I'd appreciate any input that can be offered here. My company purchased another one using Optigold. They used a terminal server that hosted the Open.fp5 file which then seems to open the mainmenu.fp5 file and others over the network from the Filemaker Pro "server".

We have converted the terminal server to a VM and have re-IP'ed it. When we do the same to the FileMaker Pro DB box, then this app will break because the open file will not know were to go to open the rest of the files.

I can sort of read the open.fp5 file with notepad and seems to refer to the DB server via IP rather than hostname but I am not confident that just changing the IP in this file will fix things once the DB server has been converted and assigned a new IP.

How should I best open and alter the Open.fp5 file so that this application can continue to work?

Chazzim, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You need to open the MainMenu.fp5 over the network.

Go to File
    Open Remote
    Choose the appropriate server
    Then find the "MainMenu.fp5" file and open it.

That is it.

Mia, Apr 8, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.