1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alot of Blog ads recently

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by SHT, Apr 17, 2005.

Just as I thought I had seen the last of low paying blog ads they come back. :mad: I keep adding them to the ad filter but it is a very boring job, I now have about 35 block listed sites all about blogging.

I have tried everything, even changing "Theam By" to "Designed by" but still no luck, I have taken keywords out for blogs.

I wouldn't be that bothered if my site was related to blogging or blog ads were worth lots of $$$ :p but they aren't

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop all these, and has anyone else seen an increase in blog ads?

SHT, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I intentionally never say the word blog in my blog, I don't do the blog for Adsense anyway (though I do find some of the ads amusing, I had one for Virginal Thrush once :confused: and I have no idea where that came from)

Are you using a standard blog template with links to blog software that you could remove (if allowed obviously)?

dct, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  3. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Excuse me SHT, sorry to bother you here. But thought probably this will help you. Check out all my blogs, and see i have the blog ads VERY RARELY NOW. Are you having "blog" word mentioned anywhere?

maverick, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  4. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will take a look.

I don't mension blog anywhere apart from one post (which is no longer on the first page)

I was thinking it could be somthing to do with these links;

Register
    Login
    RSS
    Comments RSS
    Valid XHTML
    XFN
    WP (Links to wordpress)

Do you know if adsense is picking up on which sites I link to?

SHT, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  5. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it works many times. If you have links to the sites which are related to your topic, google shall take that into consideration.

In my Mesothelioma blog, I had given reference to such legal sites. And since then, I have had lawsuit ads for sure (which pays me good) .. revealing my trade secret ... LOL :D

maverick, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  6. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    Try putting in the keyword meta tag....I know Google also looks at that when delivering. Also, try to make sure you put your Adsense ads closest to your focus keywords. Hope that helps.

There is a huge increase in blog related keywords on Adsense. The keywords are getting more and more expensive by the day for blog related keywords. They are still cheap compared to others but they are gaining. I have abandoned Adsense as my primary platform because of the rise of keyword cost for blog related keywords. I now use...."----" since the most I pay is 7 cents per click for blog related keywords...and that's number 1 position. Whereas, Adsense is up to $1.00 for number 1 position for the same keywords

antonaf, Apr 20, 2005 IP
  7. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to bring up an old topic but I thought I would give the outcome.

I have managed to remove 90% of the blogging ads by doing several things;

1. Blocked as many URLs as possible
    2. Removed keywords such as I or Me
    3. I renamed a keypage which I think could have caused it; One of my pages was called "About Me"

The list of blocked URLs is here.

Thanks for all of your help.

SHT, Apr 23, 2005 IP
  8. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah - this has been a recent bug bear of mine - I have two blogs, both on very similar templates. One on blogspot.com gets endless blog ads - the other on my own server gets content related ads.

I wonder if the fact its hosted on Blogspot affects it? I plan moving my blog over to my space at some point and hope that will fix it... :D

Dio, Apr 23, 2005 IP