1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Allowed memory size in a Dedicated

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by RECEP, Apr 17, 2012.

Hello mates, l have a dedicated server with 24 GB RAM.
    l have a news portal based on wordpress scrtipt and when l try to add SEO SearchTerms Tagging 2 plugin and activate it wp admin area giwing this error.
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11508934 bytes) in /home/username/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 251
    I tried everything, I made 1024 M in php.ini added define(’WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’1024M’); in wp-config.php but non of them worked.
    I need help if possible... thanks..

RECEP, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its apparently a known issue, Copying php.ini to /wp-admin/ directory wordked for some users. Check if it works for you aswell.

Btw if this is about dailynewsen.com anything more than 256MB wont be required with the traffic you have right now, setup a reverse proxy (i'll suggest nginx) and make it cache for apache.

And use a plugin like W3TC to cache database queries.

g_bot, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  3. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did all of them.
    I have memcache, super cache and also did it in wp-admin with 1024 M or even 10240 M in php.ini but still cant activate plugins or cant liste posts in wordpress.
    something wrong but l couldnt solve.. my dedicated is big much enough but this wordpress making me sick..

RECEP, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  4. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would you feel okay about pasting contents of your configuration files here? and you'll find that guys over at StackOverflow.com would be of better help.

Have you tried using aplugin like TCP Memory Usage and see what exactly is using the memory?
    I run bunch of autoblogs with scrappers running frequently and traffic of 15K uniques everyday, with no problems on memory limit of 128MB.

g_bot, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  5. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was also using autoblogs like that with 15K hits daily without problem. but in this server something missconfigured and having that problem for 2 days.
    what configuration informations u need, if u ask any lines l can paste here gbot .. thanks..

RECEP, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  6. aroel

aroel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry...do you have any experiences regarding server issue? What is your apache configuration? Can it invoke user defined php.ini?

aroel, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  7. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you paste Apache and PHP config file on pastebin?

Finding a solution would be easier when we know what the problem is, did you went through error logs and running processes?

g_bot, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  8. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AHH :) what else u need mate? U want the root password? :(
    I think its not secure to paste the apache and php.ini conf files in here mostly to some1 l dont know

RECEP, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  9. e-abi

e-abi Member

Best Answers:
    make empty php file with the following contents:

<?php
    phpinfo();

PHP:
    This code snippet displays information about your server and PHP.

From that you should see the list of parsed ini files. - verify that you modified the correct file.

Now after each modification in php.ini you need to restart your Apache server. If you did not, then the setting did not apply.

Sometimes extras like suhosin may alter the behaviour of PHP. If you have suhosin installed and PHP configuration itself if fine, then I would need to see the setting of suhosin.memory_limit

Make those steps thru and you should be able to solve your problem.

After you have solved your problem, delete that empty file, since displaying PHP info like that is security risk.

e-abi, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  10. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try e-abi's solution.

And Apache / php config file don't usually contain anything that might compromise your security by sharing. Asking them along with error logs is quite a common practice on troubleshooting forums.

Anyway good luck man, keep us updated.

g_bot, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  11. g_bot

g_bot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PS: Memory limit is not even your problem, you dont need more than 256MB. What you should look about is finding the memory hog and fixing it.

g_bot, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  12. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My php.ini file is here
    PHP.ini : http://pastebin.com/1EvBM0Yy
    I see many informations about my domains and server file directories inside /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf soo l dont think to share it here

RECEP, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  13. e-abi

e-abi Member

Best Answers:
    Pasting the php.ini file does not solve the problem since the php may not read that file at all......
    Go thru my solution. I am 99% sure that you can get your problem solved this way.

e-abi, Apr 17, 2012 IP