1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All of Science's ONLY Consensus=Atheism's Nightmare

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nehemiah, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    muahahahaha...

I'll be waiting until that girl grow up and ask this simple question

so where is the energy that so powerful came from to be able to create the "bang" that is so "big" that we still feel the affect today because the universe still expanding?

bfebrian, Mar 6, 2009 IP
  2. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So if this "girl" cannot answer you, then that must mean the entire theory is incorrect?

That's not a "simple" question is it? Why oh why do people not think before posting?

Go back to bed.

BRUm, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Convenient how you failed to bold my direct use of the word "ask" and "I'm asking whether you'd be so kind as to take the time to post what you think".

The bible was written after evolution is stated to have initiated, so why don't you have a problem with that? :D TOO middle for you?

Also, I'm not from "down under", I'm English ;)

BRUm, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  4. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you confuse with the difference between question and answer
    that is a simple question, but i can't guarantee that will be a simple answer.

and yes, i'm waiting for that smart little girl to answer that simple question because i know that you CAN'T.:cool:

now, finish your milk and go to bed.

bfebrian, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  5. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No-one can answer it you silly twit. It is not a simple question because it begs a very, very difficult answer, of which no-one can in fact answer.

I don't blame you for your inability to understand what I write though, living in Indonesia and all.

BRUm, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  6. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Ohhhhhhh, and that just makes it so, right?

Newsflash, :eek: debater wannabe :eek:, by you own argument here, whether "The bible" was written 15 minutes ago, or 15 million millennia ago, the statement, "In the beginning GOD Created the Heavens and the Earth", predates Evolution.

Why? Here's an easy enough answer so even you'll understand it:

There was nothing to evolute (Evolve) prior to "the beginning".

And you:eek: just got your clock cleaned again!!!:D

Nehemiah, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  7. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah ahhhh! You can't cop out of it that easy. The book was still created in the "middle" as you like to put it, so you can kick and scream all you want, but by your own argument you should still have a problem with it :p I wasn't referring to anything it says sunshine, just the object itself.

Don't declare victory yet boyo :)

BRUm, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  8. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    hua ha ha ha... atheist people like you are sooooo funny....

atheist: who create the universe?
    religious: God
    atheist: who create god?
    religious: god has no begining and no end
    atheist: don't give me that kind of answer
    religious: who create the universe?
    atheist: the big bang
    religious: who create the big bang?
    atheist: No-one can answer it you silly twit. It is not a simple question because it begs a very, very difficult answer, of which no-one can in fact answer.

even this indonesian can really pissed you off.:cool:

bfebrian, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  9. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see you borrowing humour from Nehemiah ;)

And it's "Even this Indonesian can really piss you off" :eek:

By the way, I could reverse exactly what you wrote regarding the fictional conversation with a religious person using the famous ol' line: "I don't know, God did it!", but as we all know, I've spent way too much time feeding your circular arguments, I'll let someone else talk to a wall.

Farewell and have a nice day :)

BRUm, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No... it looks like I was exactly right.

I said you can't see past the explanation being God. -- You said my logic was flawed because I couldn't see the gray. You then proceeded to say:
    Yeah..... that's a direct quote that you typed RIGHT AFTER you said I was wrong for saying that you can't see past God being the explanation... You literally said "there is no explanation beyond God.... and bolded/italicized it.

It's not flawed to try to look at things from a different perspective than yours. I'm sorry to burst your bubble and make you look stupid but..... I've "labeled" myself as an Agnostic years before you even came to this board.

In fact I started the (now defunct because I sold it) first and only successful agnostic forum on the internet. AgnosticForums.com back in 2006.

Yes, I absolutely see that. In fact thanks for mentioning it because it brings up an issue I've been meaning to run by you.

Did you know that the Christian bible you hold so dear about your savior Jesus is plagiarized? Jesus is more of a re-writing of even older religious myths. There were gods and powerful beings described thousands of years before Jesus, like a little-known god named Mithras, the Egyptian god Horus and others. The Christ story mimics these very closely, from a holy life, baptism, death and a three-day resurrection. Some of these old, original stories include additional details like a missing body in a tomb found by two women, or a person who baptizes the hero, and the baptizer is later beheaded.

How about Krishna which is the greek translation of Christos, which is also the greek translation of Christ...

In fact, in the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the virgin mother Isis - the original "Madonna and Child" - and the Vatican itself is built upon the papacy of Mithra, who shares many qualities with Jesus and who existed as a deity long before the Jesus character was formalized. The Christian hierarchy is nearly identical to the Mithraic version it replaced.

So in closing don't preach to me about scriptures as if you are the end all be all source. My Google is more powerful than you, false prophet. If you want to get into a discussion at the scripture level we can do that, but be warned..... When you try to reconcile the vast plethora of scriptures out there it creates a bigger more inconsistent mess than the bible itself. I don't think you want to go there.... ;)

No having a closed mind gets people into trouble. Hence the ages of religious wars because everyone thinks their religion is right...... See how that works? You just make up shit and I have facts. <3 logic :)

wut? that doesn't even make sense.... Who are you!

That's the thing. What makes you think you're going to find answers by not looking for them anywhere but your made up book?

I haven't... I am a rational being looking for answers.

I'm not gonna mock this one because I am not precisely sure what you meant and how that equates to believing in a bible. Could you explain it better?

Very true indeed. But at least they're trying. If left up to people like you we'd still be believing the earth was flat and Moses got every natural predator and enemy to stay on one boat for 40 days without eating each other. (P.S. Including neanderthal men and DINOSAURS.. ROFL)

I wasn't trying to impress you. I was trying to correct your ignorance on the subject of my beliefs. Nothing more nothing less.
    [/QUOTE]That's the thing, you don't give my "books" credit for anything. The sun rises because of God, I got that raise I've been wanting because of God, the clouds form and produce rain because of God.

Those statements are ridiculous given what we know about our planet now. It takes a "special" kind of mentality to believe otherwise.

GeorgeB., Mar 7, 2009 IP
  11. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    That's because you're looking cockeyed.

Now, you're just downright LYING. Produce the post where I stated this ("You said my logic was flawed because I couldn't see the gray").
    Now, I stated that you're LYING, because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Your ability to read and comprehend what I have written cannot be so severely lacking that you would now accuse me promoting 'gray areas'. Can it?

See Georgie, whether you know it or not, people do go back and re-read these posts. And when you make statements like the one I'm confronting you about now, and you can't produce any place in this entire forum where I have stated such as you claim, then what little credibility that you may have had remaining, is completely sucked into one of your black holes.

Now before I address anything else in your post, I'm going to give you the opportunity to either prove your statement,

"You said my logic was flawed because I couldn't see the gray."...

. . .or be a man and admit that I never stated that.

Its your move.;)

Nehemiah, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  12. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    :cool:
    You HANDLED that Beautifully!!!
    :cool:
    Thank you for that Lesson!

:D

Nehemiah, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  13. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Careful there, your real racist mentality is beginning to show itself.

Be advised, that "us folks of color ain't just walking around with rabbit foots in our pockets anymore".

Nehemiah, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  14. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    So nehemiah- in five million years, will creatures on the earth evolved from how they are now?

jumpboy11jaop, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I took that to mean that you don't think I can see any middle ground or gray area. Am I mistaken? Should I not have?

Either way, the two parts in bold are all I need to make my point.... The post still conclusively shows me accusing you of not being able to see past the answer being God for everything and you confirming it for me.

No gray area there at all ;)

GeorgeB., Mar 7, 2009 IP
  16. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    See, now you want to pretend to be dumb. Sad thing is you don't know that you don't have to pretend.

Case in point Georgie: If you're going to rig a quote of me stating something to try and gloss over the LIE that you told, Don't forget to put the letter "h" at the end of my Name. Up to this point, you're the only one in this entire Forum who addresses me as "Nehemia", instead of "Nehemiah". Here's an example of how you did it:

See how easy that was (note the "GeorgieB")? :D

Now back to the LIE you told: You, stated that I accused you of not being able to see "gray areas", when I have clearly maintained that, THERE ARE NO "gray areas".

Now, either you're just a bold faced LIAR, or you have the comprehension skills of someone who, say, flunked 1st Grade. . .and never even made it to, say, the second grade. But your latest post shows that in all probability, you're:eek: BOTH.;)

Nehemiah, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  17. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    IOW, georgeb, nehemia can see no gray areas, to the point that he denies even the possibility of their existence.

BTW (to nehemia), you can't complain about people using nonstandard abbreviations.

Remember how you use 'at' and 'ag'- you, and you alone.

jumpboy11jaop, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  18. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need a new lesson. Here we are:

So, point to where exactly I claimed supremacy of any racial traits in this quote:

I think you "folk of colour", should know better than trying to play the race-card. Shame on you.

We all know there are a lot of people on this forum who find it difficult to grasp English, I was merely pointing that out.

BRUm, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  19. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not gonna read all the crap in between because judging by the last couple posts above this one, it just looks like emotional, illogical flaming that has nothing at all to do with the initial post.

I'd like to say that I love when religious people try to use this argument as a proof of god. The argument can equally used against god - if god created the universe, who created god?

You can play the whole alpha and omega card, but the only "proof" you have for that comes from a book written by humans.

TheNoose, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  20. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:

Who's complaining? 'ats' and/or 'ags' like you don't bother me in the least. You're just typical of someone who can dish it out ("nonstandard abbreviations", as testified to the enlargements above), but whine and cry 'bloody murder' when its done to :eek:you:eek:.

Nehemiah, Mar 8, 2009 IP