1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All Credit Cards Declined & Unauthorized (from Australia)

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by lip9000, Apr 24, 2011.

I signed up to Adcenter about a week ago and added in my debit mastercard, ran some ads and accumulated $319 worth of bills and went to pay my bill and my credit card keeps getting declined. I keep getting the $1.00 security transaction appear in my account statement, and there is plenty of money in the account however it still isn't going through. I tried to add 3 more credit cards from 3 different people, 2 mastercards and 1 visa, all were declined.

Support told me that they can't bill in different currencies, I'm in AUD and the bill is USD, but then how did the security debit go through and get converted into AUD? I know it's $1 USD, my account shows $0.95AUD debited from microsoft. It should NOT matter what currency your account is, credit card processors automatically convert currencies on the fly, ALL AROUND THE WORLD!

I called support center and they have no clue whats wrong, and I called my bank and they said my credit card is functioning perfectly, and all the security deposits from Microsoft were all successful so theres no reason it should of declined.

I noticed when you signup to adcenter that Australia (AUD) is not in the list, however under company information you can choose Australia. Is adcenter restricted to the 5 countries only? How are people from Australia meant to join?

lip9000, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  2. ckweb

ckweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

What I would suggest doing is adding your credit card to a PayPal account, and then paying them via PayPal. This will allow PayPal to convert the money to USD before they send it, and PayPal will also charge your card first instead of MSFT.

This should clear up the issue...

Also, you should be using vouchers or something, especially on a brand new account!

ckweb, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  3. lip9000

lip9000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried doing that as well and they didn't accept my paypal account, even though it had the credit card attached to it!

lip9000, Apr 25, 2011 IP