1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

all 1500+ links in 1 dmoz category?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Dji-man, Sep 25, 2004.

Hi,

I just noticed that 1 particular site that ranks n°1 for most of my keywords has all his 1500+ links listed in an "encyclopedia" category in DMOZ, despite the fact that he doesn't have much content to present (1 paragraph of text + links). Is this legal? IMO, I have more quality content than he does for military history. Do I have to become an editor to have all my links listed like that? :confused:

Dji-man, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  2. gooner

gooner Peon

Best Answers:
    Which site are you refering to?

gooner, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  3. Al-PB

Al-PB Peon

Best Answers:
    ive seen people use like a list of relevant words and then place links to pages where there is a text description of the word.
    cant see how google would like that

Al-PB, Sep 25, 2004 IP
  4. marengo

marengo Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://dmoz.org/help/submit.html
    How do I get my site listed in more than one category?
    You should submit your site to the single most appropriate category that is directly relevant to your site's content. Please only submit your site one time. The ODP editors reserve the right to use their editorial discretion to determine which category or categories your site will ultimately be placed. 

marengo, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  5. PRBot.Com

PRBot.Com Guest

Best Answers:
    Money talks with those editors. There is no other sane explanation for some of the crap they do.

PRBot.Com, Sep 26, 2004 IP