1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Algo Change? Sig Link Follow now No-Follow

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by chtdatweb, Nov 2, 2014.

Hi,

My Sig Link and that of others where I place it was always "Follow" now it is "No-Follow". Change in the Algorithm?

My site has NO Spam, NO Ads, Not Stuffed, NO Banners etc... A site correctly crawed by DP in the first place place my links as "Follow" and yet with NO changes on my site www.freeuknumbers.com yet DP now determines it to be spam & consequently "No-Follow", really?!

chtdatweb, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Signatures of regular members became nofollow some time ago.

Smyrl, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  3. chtdatweb

chtdatweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I'm aware of that, however it has also happened to a premium member who also has my Sig Link?

4. CoreyPeerFly

CoreyPeerFly Notable Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    CoreyPeerFly, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  5. chtdatweb

Best Answers:
    LOL how does that post help at all? Did you even read the first post? - There were "NO" changes to the site and DP approved it as a "follow" link, then all of a sudden it becomes "no-follow", no changes my end "again", so why has DP changed the status of my site to be SPAM, the only logical explanation is that the Algorithm has changed that Shawn is using.

So back to my initial question please...

6. CoreyPeerFly

CoreyPeerFly Notable Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was referring to the post I quoted and the fact that premium members can still have their sigs flagged as spam. You sounded like you were wondering why a premium members sig was showing up as no-follow.

CoreyPeerFly, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  7. chtdatweb

Best Answers:
    My Sig Link has been on a premium account for a long time and it has always been "follow" but when I just recently checked it had changed to "no-follow" without any change at either end (the text in the link & the website). So how can this be possible? Like I said only 1 or possibly 2 explanations...

1. A change in the Algorithm to determine if a site is SPAM - which you can see its not & DP saw it was not for a long time...
    2. Manual Intervention - someone has set my site in the system as SPAM.

There can't be any other explanations and furthermore WHY has my site been flagged as SPAM when clearly it is not!

Additionally an argument could be made that considering SPAM is not allowed on this forum and is a ban-able offence then how can linking to it be allowed without a ban?