1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Algebra or College ALgebra

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by uprentiss, Oct 19, 2013.

Can someone make some suggestions on books or places where I can better learn algebra. I am having an issue in class right now and it is all focused around algebra lol I am sure any help would or could be used by others aswell. Thank you very much for your time.

uprentiss, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    No one should enter an algebra class that does not know how to add, subtract, multiply and divide both integers and fractions. If you have a decent arithmetic background, you should have no problem with basic high school algebra. Wading into algebra without arithmetic skills is like trying to study a foreign language without knowing the alphabet used.

If you are having trouble with College Algebra, starting with beginning or intermediate algebra would be a good idea.

That said, most current texts give ample number of examples with explanations at this time. Be sure to do your homework each day and be prepared to ask questions regarding the problems you were unable to work. I just used Google and found this online beginning algebra tutorial . http://www.wtamu.edu/academic/anns/mps/math/mathlab/beg_algebra/. Your current teacher and math lab are probably the best source of information.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    Smyrl, Oct 19, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  3. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Googl, Oct 24, 2013 IP