1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Update?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Smyrl, Sep 26, 2004.

I just noticed tonight that my Alexa listings do not parallel Google listings. Anyone else noticing this?

Shannon

Things are back to normal. Next thing I expect to see little green men. Sorry I posted.

Smyrl, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  2. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Smyrl, how are the two linked? I noticed an update, but not sure how they are linked.

NewComputer, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Alexa has always used Google's results. For the SERPs I follow they have always looked identical. I did my usual search to check one of my keywords and it was differrent, moved to second and concluded a change. Immediately went to Google and the site I hit looked usual so I posted and went back to Alexa and it is back to the usual there as well.

I tried to delete original post and did not find how to do so.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see, so you go to Alexa and do a search similar to what you would do say using Shawns tool here?

NewComputer, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Alexa has something called traffic rank that they say is easily manipulated if you run the Alexa toolbar which I do not. Every Sunday I check the Alexa traffic rank for certain of the sites I have done. I usually type in one of the same keywords I follow with Shawn's tool. Tonight when I typed in one of my usual keywords it did not bring up the site. Tried again with same results. For brief period I was not seeing what I usually see.

Alexa is basically a Google clone with little to offer than traffic rank.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 26, 2004 IP