1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Toolbar not working?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by candysmith, Feb 2, 2005.

I know Alexa is a useless tool, but I still have it on my system....
    For the past few weeks it says "No Data" then "Please click here to continue using..." When you click there you get to a page about nothing really....
    I've written to them, no change. I've uninstalled & re-downloaded a few times, no change. there is nothing in their FAQ about this. Its just plain annoying.

So it seems this mostly useless toolbar has just crossed the line to completely useless...

can anyone shed some light? Is it a setting on my system perhaps that is causing this? I'd like to upgrade the toolbar from completely useless back to just plain useless.

candysmith, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  2. flak

flak GoogleMonkey

Best Answers:
    I've had the same problem. Also, if i try to use the related sites tool in Mozilla it says that my IP has been banned for a violation of their TOS ( ig et the same message if i click the "no data" link on the toolbar. I only get this at home using a Virgin.net IP.

If i reconnect with a new IP it usually works but not always.

flak, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  3. jvmills

jvmills Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also noticed that my Alexa toolbar has stopped working. I removed it, re-installed it and it was Ok for a while ... and now its gone again.

I just get an empty frame where the toolbar should be. At first I thought I had some malware or similar on my PC. But if you guys are seeing the same then probably not.

Is it related to any winXP updates? Or the new version of the Google toolbar?

jvmills, Mar 15, 2005 IP