1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa Ranking Problem

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Ashley Sally, Aug 7, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

I have a portal http://www.exportmart.com/, and Alexa Traffic Rank is in May -2000, June is 2500, but in July it down day by day, currently is 5300. What is the Main Problem with this almost my website's traffic is increase constantly. The daily traffic of my website in  May and June is 800-1000 per day, but now it is 1100-1300 per day. What is the main reason, Kindly give Suggestion, how to improve alexa ranking

Ashley Sally, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  2. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Cause people get more traffic to their site with good alexa rank than yours.
    Many websites are getting increased high traffic.
    If your traffic is increasing, then don't worry about alexa rank.

pupul, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  3. Robert van Glabbeek

Robert van Glabbeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with pupul. You should check your analytics, if you don't lose traffic then don't worry.

Robert van Glabbeek, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  4. cristinascabbia

cristinascabbia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question here, i have a website which on top on Google.com with their main keywords. I am working on the project from last three months. I have also submitted the website in alexa, initally it has ranking but now its is showing NA. I am confused what exactly it means. Please share you knowledge Guys.

cristinascabbia, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  5. mddirectory

mddirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    After Google panda and penguin update many website lose there search engine ranking. No one knows what is the reason behind ranking drop.

mddirectory, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  6. jyotsna01

jyotsna01 Peon

Best Answers:
    this changes in ranking is due to the updation of google panda...
    most of the sites are the victim of panda update...
    create more backlinks that will improve your wbsite alexa rank...
    To get high pr(page rank) create backlinks..
    generate the organic traffic via forum posting,directory submision,blog commenting,socail bookmark sharing site..
    forum posting nad directory submission is most imp as it helps in incresing traffic and creating link..
    do blog commenting on sites similar to your website niche..
    make your content fresh and unique...above all a blooger need patience and consistence in his work..
    Happy blogging..hope it helps you..

jyotsna01, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  7. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually there is nothing you can do to improve your alexa ranking. It is determine by visitors using the alexa toolbar. Anyway Alexa ranking is only indicative and does not say much about your website. Try increasing your Google ranking, that would be a much more important exercise.

As time went on and I gained more knowledge online I realized that Alexa means nothing when it comes to your success or failure of a website. Its simply a number that can be easily manipulated.

I have a site that gets about 200 visits a day that only has an Alexa around the two million marks and another that has a 500k Alexa with literally less than 50 UV's a day.

Alexa is totally useless. The traffic stats are not accurate and there is not one SE that uses any of the Alexa stats.
    Alexa is owned by Amazon and is as unreliable as they come. Big waste of a webmasters time !

Alexa does not help your site what so ever in the search engine results page and your PR.

Alexa is not affiliated with Google, Yahoo or MSN. They are owned by Amazon. The major search engines do not use any of the Alexa stats. They have their own algo for that.

Matter of fact if you read the Alexa Disclaimer it will tell you that their traffic stats are not accurate.

If more people would concentrate on their SERP position for organic traffic, by applying the proper optimization for the search engines, then they will see an increase in organic traffic.

Your customers do not find you through Alexa - they find you through the SERP's for your keywords.

imuncutno1, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  8. cristinascabbia

cristinascabbia Peon

Best Answers:
    You answered my question in a refind way. Here i only want to say "THANK YOU". As you said that you are getting 200 visits in a day can you please share that how you are getting this much of visits. I am also putting my efforts to get traffic by Social media. I have created account on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest and Stumbleupon. Please Suggest me something else except of saying blog updation or article sharing.

cristinascabbia, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  9. Pierrelogin

Pierrelogin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi imuncutno1,
    Thanks for your cool explanation. I had a confusion of this issue for more than last 1 year. Now it's ok!! ;)

Pierrelogin, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  10. JamesLabonate

JamesLabonate Member

Best Answers:
    Friendly Speaking Alexa Rank does not affect any more... so need to worry about alexa rank

JamesLabonate, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  11. pindot

pindot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the comments here.

You would say that it's a bit unfair because Alexa only tally those traffics which passes through their systems. However, since the ranking can be gained through page views and user traffic, having good and quality
    traffic that can boost your site is always awesome, isn't? It's one way of shouting to the world,,, HEY look at me, I'm gaining a lot of traffic!

pindot, Aug 22, 2012 IP