1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alexa question

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Motters, Apr 1, 2004.

Ok, I just got on this forum so bare with me.

I wanted to start using the free tracker but google asked me for a key or something and I couldn't get by it.

Anyway I got the alexa tool bar and thought I'd check some stats for a site that I run for my NM business. I'm NOT advertising it though !

For some reason the 'mirror' site that was given to me is ranked number 1 on google for the keyphrase 'Tiscali Network'.

I've been having real trouble getting any stats on traffic because I can't access or add on anything to the site.
    So, I used the info tag on Alexa and found it gave me a list of traffic to it !

It printed my link, but then further down it references Tiscali.co.uk.

Does this mean it's just reading Tiscali's own page or are the stats acutally mine?

Cheers

Motters

Motters, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Alexa traffic is for the entire tiscali.co.uk domain. There is no way to get traffic specific for your section of the domain if the administrators of tiscali.co.uk let you access it.

As far as the KW tracker, what problems were you having specifically?

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  3. Motters

Motters Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't able to get the account code from google. Will try again later !

As far as the traffic thing goes. The traffic showed 575 today. I can't believe Tiscali only get that much each day!

Is this not for my mirror site?

Motters

Motters, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    575 means it's the 575th most popular site in the Internet. Not 575 total users. :) The lower, the better.

- Shawn

5. Motters

Motters Peon

Best Answers:
    So it still doesn't show the traffic I'm getting for being number 1 on this ?

Motters

Motters, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is correct...

- Shawn

7. Motters

Motters Peon

Best Answers:
    bugger......

Motters, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  8. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    The bugger is that you never read the the Alexa information. It is very clear what Alexa is reporting. They are reporting the most popular sites loaded by people using their tool bar. With #1 being most often loaded or viewed site and #500,000 being the least that they track. So what your number told you is that there are 574 web site that get looked at more than tiscali.co.uk.

All in all a very impressive ranking for tiscali.co.uk.

compar, Apr 1, 2004 IP
  9. Motters

Motters Peon

Best Answers:
    You will have to forgive me, I'm a little new on the whole internet marketing side of things.

I understand that most SEO is done in the main body and it's main points are to keep a good amount of keywords in the text and to have alot of links to my site from related sites.

Are there any other less important issues I should look at on the sites ?

Cheers

Motters

Motters, Apr 2, 2004 IP
  10. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Links are the single most important element in successful SEO. You have not mentioned it, but using your prime keywords in the anchor text for these links is the single most important element in backlinks.

There are whole bunch of other fine-tuning issues, but rather than attempt to list them all, give us your URL and I'll make some suggestions relative to your particular site and situation.

compar, Apr 2, 2004 IP
  11. Motters

Motters Peon

Best Answers:
    www.look4broadband.co.uk

I'm going to move it to another host soon and it will get a re-design. I just used a template to start with, so it's not very search engine friendly.

Motters, Apr 2, 2004 IP
  12. ty360

ty360 Peon

Best Answers:
    alexa chang very faster? i can the date for three month,but i fount the date is from avg data,our web chang the date very fast beacause i use alexa refresh systerm 5, the syster can increase alexa data,include pr and pv,if you wand change you web data,you see it.it is free and if you regist and login ,you can use it .

ty360, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  13. ty360

ty360 Peon

Best Answers:
    alexa chang very faster? i can the date for three month,but i fount the date is from avg data,our web chang the date very fast beacause i use alexa refresh systerm 5, the syster can increase alexa data,include pr and pv,if you wand change you web data,you see it.it is free and if you regist and login ,you can use it . http://alexa.ty360.com

ty360, Jun 9, 2006 IP