1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Tew's MillionDollarHomePage 2: Pixelotto

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 007, Nov 29, 2006.

1. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    It's much easier to build successful sites when you have already had a successful site. It's a combination of experience, relationships, and personal motivation from your first success that make the second or third success MUCH, MUCH easier.

PayItForward, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  2. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    manateemedia, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  3. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you get $200K? It seems like it should be A LOT more than that. I mean, he was paying his PR person $7k a month for a few months plus transaction fees, server/bandwidth fees, and taxes I don't see how he lost $800,000+.

natekapi, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  4. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    can anyone confirm it is from Alex Tew?
    I just check the blog of million dollar home page and nothing is up..it sure smell fish

and i hope 007 your are not the guy behind these..i went to the digg and found a few guy 've bought up those typo name (include Mr. delete from DNforum)

ahkip, Dec 3, 2006 IP
  5. 007

007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Umm.. no. I have nothing to do with Pixelotto besides the fact that I have purchased spots on it.

Look at his blog for November 30th: http://milliondollarhomepage.com/blog.php

He posted that the same day that Pixelotto was announced.

007, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  6. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my bad..didn't see that post.

ahkip, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Tax only will have eating almost half. Hosting won't have been cheap after all the DDos attacks and the massice bandwidth bill. I've heard from reliable sources he paid far more for PR than people are led to believe. $200-$300 max is what he got out of it based on my calculations. Whatever the figure is, he's no where near a millionair so people can stop calling him that or saying he has a million to invest.

T0PS3O, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I am convinced he gave away a good proportion of the space on the MDHP rather than selling it. This pixel thing seems to lack imagination if you ask me.

mad4, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  9. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    From his blog: "I did get away to the Big Chill festival in August, which was wicked, very chilled and really quite big. I've also enjoyed having friends and family over to stay at my pad, and have had lots of quality moments. Also lots of playing table football, drinking beer and eating pizza. It can be very liberating to be a total bum sometimes"

Throw in a trip to Australia and some more beer drinking and there's probably not much left.

From originally wanting to fund Uni to funding being a total bum is quite the 360. At least he's having fun, but I personally would not contribute to his newest venture, there are many bums locally that would love some beer money;)

Roman, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention the PayPal transaction fees and then the dollar to pound conversion ratio which will have totally screwed him over. Perfect example of how to turn $1m into £100K real fast.

T0PS3O, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  11. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats what i tought - people just click, hit the back-button and click again. dont think that you can make much sales here, unless your site offers something for everyone, like ebay, google, myspace...

falcondriver, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  12. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    So it's December 5th...1:15am EST. Site still isn't launched. It's even later in the UK. I wonder what time he's planning on launching the site?

Also, why the hell isn't this kid doing a Pixelotto in each country? He could make 5x as much if he did one in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia. Because I see that he has like Pixelotto-uk.com or something like that, but it looks like he's just going to direct it to Pixelotto.com.

natekapi, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  13. 007

007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He doesn't own that according to: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=Pixelotto-uk.com

It's just a ripoff site. They even stole his image..

And I'm wondering the same thing. Why hasn't it launched yet? The day is close to halfway over in the UK right now. Maybe he is waiting for morning in the US due to the large press that is looking for news then..

007, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  14. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The day is half over? You posted that at 7.21am UK time!

mad4, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  15. ssnet

ssnet Peon

Best Answers:
    its open now, 70 odd thousand sold so far

ssnet, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  16. 007

007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually closer to $140,000.. The prize is only half of the total money..

I'm already getting clicks. ;)

007, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  17. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder how they will pick the winner ! As I read the terms I found out they pick one add to win and all the people who clicked that add will participate in the draw and one lucky one will be the winner. BUT, the bigger the adds the more chances you have...so everyone will be clicking the large banners...

Just my 5c.

shmekerosu, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  18. martaay

martaay Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm for $200 bucks its possibly worth an experiment, Im sure anyone advertising would get lots of traffic but the experiment would be how well that traffic converts...

I'm guessing not many as they are only clicking ads to fulfil their competition requirements... click, close, click, close, click, close

martaay, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  19. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats the big question! Is it worth buying an ad on this site?

Notting, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  20. 007

007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting a good amount of clicks so far. So far I'm definitely liking where this is going.

I have the far top left corner and the big red "king" logo a few squares to the right of the top left.

007, Dec 5, 2006 IP