1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sure your MD is interested with your statements on this forum TOPS30. Oh yes we have a few anonymous disgusted clients, emphasis on anonymous!!! Surely your intelligent enough not to believe hearsay?. The fact is when you have a large clientbase, without just five examples on your "case studies" page, then you get a handful of unhappy clients, you can't please all the people all the time. I also find it hilarious that you take the time to type into this forum, when you have never had any direct contact with Alex Doyle Associates or been a client. Do you not have anything better to do with your time? Than make sweeping statements about a company you know nothing about, or is it just beer and kicks for you? :D

Any existing unhappy clients are being dealt with directly and professionally. Confidentiality used to be a fundamental aspect professionalism!

DOYLE MEDIA, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  2. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think a forum would work called ITC. After all you have to have a clientbase to begin with. :D

3. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers TOPS30.

It's an old trick, if you want to redirect attention to yourself start making a fuss about someone else.

>>We did contact other clients

Funny because I contacted ALL our clients on the case studies page and none of them said that you had contacted them, so please tell us which of our clients you're calling liars?

We did it for a partner i.e. one that doesn't do seo - doh!

Yes you're right we do have many examples of our work, some clients agree to be shown others don't. BTW where's your case studies page? Actually come to think of it where's your website?

HA - telling clients you still have spam problems and your servers are still down 6 weeks later, which is why you can't answer emails. I would have gone bananas at my ISP after 6 hours!

Oh my god, didn't realise it was a crime to answer the phone! Perhaps it's because I like my staff to get on with their work!

Isn't it time you got real ADA? It's blatantly obvious to everyone that you're a small company like 98% of companies in the UK, there's no shame in that.

What there is shame in is pretending to be a happy client of your own on here, and trying to make yourself sound bigger than you actually are.

Practically all seo companies in the UK only have between about 2 and 10 staff, so I don't know why you keep putting on this air of a corporation.

You really do make yourself sound rather daft, can you not see that?

A forum called ITC, umm no you simply need enough people posting about you, and there's nothing like a disgruntled customer to make them post about you.

Perhaps you would like to give us some examples of clients who've been refunded by you? Or have all claims made against you been illegitimate?

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You think being phoned by ADA every few weeks isn't direct contact?

If you read all the posts then you will notice I did indeed mention I am not a client and that I said I don't have any personal experience with the services you say you provide. I did read your T's and C's in the contract you sent and it was very unprofessionally written and I still believe there is no way to offer 29 #1 spots for any mildy competitive search term. And I still have yet to see you actually accomplished just that for anyone.

Yes I have better things to do but I felt it useful for the other board members who so kindly share their experiences with me, to tell them about my findings of ADA.

My MD is aware of you guys and my posts here too so I'm not worried the least. And what has my MD got to do with what I post here? I only represent myself here. I've never said anything out of order either so I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

And you are right about hearsay, that's exactly why I always investigate first. That's why I listened to your salespeople, looked up a few case studies they mentioned (found only 1 #1), read the contract, listened to people here, verified whether it was remotely possible to guarantee #1 spots in 29 search engines etc. etc. After all that effort I thought others might want to know too but apparently it was too late for many.

In an earlier post I said that if indeed I see any proof of either satisfied customers or ethical work you have done resulting in what you promise that I then indeed will reconsider my opinion on you guys. But I haven't seen anything yet since.

I'm a SEO DIY fanatic anyway so I will never be your client.
    I hope you sort your problems out and do well in the future.

Tadaa

T0PS3O, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  5. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    ITC, it must pain for you to realise you are completely out of your depth. If you did do work for Matchbox Models, how come you deleted them from your case studies page immediately after I spoke to you? It's obvious you have no or little staff. Its laughable that you think we're small! TOPS30 you have not done any research into us, all you are is a scaremongerer, maybe a frustrated seo wannabe. You fill your time slating a company when you know nothing about their methods. It really is hilarious. :D

ITC we all know an MD of a successful company wouldn't spend his time trying to poach clients via a forum. Where are all your other examples, all I hear is forces reunited this and that, are these the only clients you have promoted or maybe not, as the case maybe? Do you have the resources to look after blue chip clients or even smaller clients? I think not, in six months if you only have one testimonial client, thats tragic, maybe you need some advice, ring me. :D

You also lied with regards to one of our clients, saying that you were doing work for them, as a result you complicated the senario we had with this client and delayed progress made. If you are really that desperate for business, I'll sub contract some of my reps to you for a short time, just while you get on your feet!

In brief a sensible legitimate and intelligent MD wouldn't publish libellous statements would he?

REEKS OF DESPERATION

6. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "We did it for a partner i.e. one that doesn't do seo - doh!"

What you do SEO? :D

7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    True, although if any user wants a post deleted, they can PM me and it can be done.

digitalpoint, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  8. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Here we go again, we're out of our depth you are God Almighty, please change the record, if you're so big why do you think you need to keep reminding us? I have been in web development since before your MD was even out of school, it's not hard to get info on people as you pointed out earlier.

Funny, you chose not to respond to my earlier post about the supposed clients of mine you contacted, I'm still waiting to hear which clients of mine you are calling liars, saying that you contacted them, and they are saying you didn't. Now who do I believe? lol.

Have I tried to poach clients? I don't remember ever approaching any of your clients directly.

Where are all our other examples? Where are ANY of yours? You don't really think we're going to put any more examples up whilst you're on the prowl do you? This sparring is getting tedious in the extreme, more competition please.

Do we have the resources to look after Blue Chip Clients, err can you say FileMaker? Doh! They only have a multi-million dollar turnover!

Actually we didn't say we were doing work for one of your clients, we said "we are working with" quite different I think you'll find - but thanks for libelling yourself though. (Note the spelling for future reference - libel not liable).

I like the "delayed progress made" statement though, what progress? You hadn't done anything to his site, you think if you'd made progress he would be complaining about you?

Perhaps you can explain how a site that has a frameset on it's front page with no noframes tag and no links to any other pages is optimised?

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  9. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "Yes you're right we do have many examples of our work, some clients agree to be shown others don't. BTW where's your case studies page? Actually come to think of it where's your website?"

Do we really want ITC and other "SEO's" trying to contact our client base? I think not, still working on a site, extremely busy concentrating on keeping existing clients happy and growing our client base. Our testimonials, consist of a lot more than five clients though. True that some clients want to be included and some don't, however, surely you have more than five clients. If your clients don't "know your name", how come they know that are being included on a testimonial page? ;)

10. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    " I have been in web development since before your MD was even out of school, it's not hard to get info on people as you pointed out earlier".

Really when did the web become mainstream. Are we being agist? Alex Doyle's MD is 46 years old. I didn't libell myself just pointed out facts, we can all play on words. I didn't say were working on but working with......the client didn't know our name because we did it through a partner, your really full of excuses. Just really sums up your time on this forum, full of libell, excuses and conjecture.

How long has the web been commercial? Been in web development since before the MD was out of school. I didn't point out that we were big, you did thanks for that. I'm not sparring just find you ridiculous. You have nothing viable to say whatsoever. Its better not having a testimonials page than having one that isn't.....well you know.

Try this link www.mmu.co.uk they have some good teacher training courses. Maybe you'd make a better English teacher than an seo libell not liabell. :D

11. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that the only bit of the post you could safely answer? And we're out of our depth, yawn.

If your clients are happy, they'll no doubt tell other seo's contacting them they're already happy with their existing seo company wouldn't they? It's called competition - keeps you on your toes, stops monopolies dontcha know.

Funny, it's OK for you to tell us of NONE of your clients because we'll contact them, but we show everyone five or so of ours and that's all we have, err perhaps we don't want you contacting them? huh?

But then of course you've once again not answered my original question of who out of our clients you contacted have you? Wonder why that is?

Actually our partner simply asked for permission for us to include the testimonial - simple isn't it. Bring on the barking dogs!

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  12. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    ITC instead of writing rubbish on a forum, why not try communicating with us on the phone about your obvious concerns, if your not trying to poach? We tried, all you did was put the phone down. Maybe you've bitten off more than you can chew? How about those sales reps the offer still stands?

13. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "Perhaps you can explain how a site that has a frameset on it's front page with no noframes tag and no links to any other pages is optimised?"

...Well if you need training..... :D

14. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny your MD is 46 years old, then your paperwork at companies house filed a few months ago was stating falseities was it?

It states your MD Andrew Morris as being born in 1979, hmmm that sure doesn't make 46 to me.

BTW it's libel not libell - how many different ways can you spell it wrongly - jeez can't you even cut 'n' paste?

I didn't point out you were big, I pointed out you insinuated you were big - oops I'm playing with words again.

Testimonials page .... no I don't know, perhaps he couldn't finish that sentence guys.

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  15. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "If your clients are happy, they'll no doubt tell other seo's contacting them they're already happy with their existing seo company wouldn't they? It's called competition - keeps you on your toes, stops monopolies dontcha know".

Not worried about competition just don't like illegitimate statements on a forum, that are libellous and cause defamation of character. Thats not competitive, just underhand tactics to gain advantage. Is that professional? Does a professional firm employ these tatics? I think not.

16. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I can tell you who would be interested and that is Microsoft

Archives

This is from the web site of alexdoyle.co.uk for 24 May 2003 :)

Attached Files:

Foxy, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  17. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "It states your MD Andrew Morris as being born in 1979, hmmm that sure doesn't make 46 to me".

Does it state that our MD is Andrew Morris on companies house? Thanks for taking the time to check it out though. Andrew Morris is the sales director. It's not hard to check Alex Doyle out go on to companies house website, do a web check and pay £2.50 for appointment details. Extremely clever got to say. As you can probably see by companies house we are a legitimate company. We've operated under the same name, at the same address for two years now. We are well into our third year. We have a handful of unhappy clients. Give me a company who hasn't. You can't kid all the people all the time surely we would have been closed down by know if we were fraudsters?

18. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Foxy your looking at an old website. Again you include yourself with nothing to say, contact Microsoft I'm sure Bill will be interested in what you have to spout. You really are at the cutting edge, what's your problem with Alex Doyle anyway? Foxy you claim you are the world's leading expert in SEO, where are your sites ranked, oh yes we've been through that old chestnut before haven't we. :D

19. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    "libel not libell"

Definately an English Teacher!

20. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Err... it is the only record/site that you have. I can't find any other, but I do find blogs about your company http://alex-doyle-associates.blogspot.com/ and another Forum

Hullo hullo - leading expert? I don't claim anything of the sort. But what you did find out was that we did rather well for "large yachts" on one of our sites - and then you mocked me, loudly, and we didn't go through that "chestnut" because I didn't discuss it.

Thats fine by me but let me tell you something about that, in your terms, rather poorly SEO'd site because it doesn't compete with very competitive search terms.

It is pretty high in the SERPS on, lets say 85%, of the search engine traffic for that term.

It only sells boats that are worth millions - it only charters boats that cost tens of thousands per week.

It does not want to be listed for "yachts and boats" because its customers don't look for piddling yachts and boats they look for real boats - large yachts - because that is what they call them (for those who don't know a large power boat is called a large yacht)

So everytime we sell a large yacht we take a 5-10% commission on the sale, and every time we charter them we take a minimum fee of 20% of the weekly rental.

Starting to get the picture?

Now when we sell a £10,000,000 large yacht we get between £500,000 and ...well whatever

I'd say that is pretty well optimised wouldn't you? So if I were you I wouldn't mock when you really do not have the knowledge about that which you are talking.

:)

Foxy, Aug 9, 2004 IP