1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

1. PJ1

PJ1 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've been had! I spent from March 2004 til now trying to convince myself that I haven't been ripped off. They took my money before I realised (and tried to take it twice according to my credit card company). Somewhat confused, and pissed off with the excuses I get from ADA especially when I asked for a refund and updates etc. Having seen this forum, the whole thing is a joke. Does anyone know what the procedure is for getting these twats to pay up? Has anyone been refunded or is that a silly question? There must besomething we can do!

PJ1, Jul 30, 2004 IP
  2. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry Guys,
    I tried to coax them into sorting their unhappy clients out, i.e. you guys, but it seems it fell on deaf ears.

Has anyone who was disatisfied actually been contacted by them to put things right?

It seems they are more interested in getting money out of new clients rather than keeping clients they already have. Seems strange to me as everyone in business knows it costs about 10 times more to gain new clients than keep happy current ones. Maybe that's the problem?

ITC, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    This company does not know what to do - that is the problem - unless you put forward gaining clients as the modus operandi.

You only have to look at all the information to hand including their original site to understand that they do not have a clue.

Just do not get involved with them.

Foxy, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  4. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    :mad:

Want to see something awful? Take a look at this site.

http://www.golfholidayinspain.co.uk/

Now how the hell can anyone say thats optimised?

What excuses will they suggest? Not yet finished the work? Client was difficult etc. etc.

No Excuse is good enough. You dont put up the work if you havent finished it or arent happy with it!

ITC, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Tip:

Press CTRL + A when looking at the home page. And do try a few of those stuffed keywords from the title in G to see if they are #1 yet. Maybe we could track them?

T0PS3O, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  6. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Good Idea

Hereis another send an email to:

who's he? :D

Foxy, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  7. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd guess he's the website owner.

Mind you, I had a funny phone call on Friday from someone pertaining to have had their clients contacted by ADA and saying they would partner up with me if I can only explain exactly what I do for clients in the way of seo, and he wanted to know every step.

Funny thing is, his accent was exactly the same as the persons accent who rang me to threaten me from ADA, coincidence?

So I began to tell him what I do (in a roundabout way of course, without giving too many secrets away!) and I could hear him writing it all down!

Oh dear, I hope they don't need that much help!

Shame I left out the best bits!

ITC, Aug 8, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Got this from Alex Doyle Assoicates today... :)
    My response was:

digitalpoint, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  9. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually shawn, posts can be edited within 48 hours of posting them, after this period we cannot.

I contacted someone on this forum about that and after the first email back my further emails have gone unanswered.

In the UK there is such a thing as the Data Protection Act that means it is illegal to not allow us to have our posts edited or deleted when we want them to be whether we can do it oursleves or the website owner does it, I'm not sure of the law in the US but I know there is something similar if not identical.

Perhaps if you can make all posts always editable then digitalpoint cant be held responsible for posts, but if we can't edit them I would say dp is responsible, as you have taken the responsibility out of our hands.

BTW in the statement sent to you it says "Alex Doyle Associates has never been implicated" - so what are they complaining about then? They've never been implicated! - I think they got their wording mixed up!

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  10. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Have just been contacted by ADA again this morning (let me check, yep nothing libellous there!).

Claiming that they have spoken to some of the clients on our Case Studies page on our website who don't know of us! Yeah right!

What will they try next LOL. I wonder who our clients thought they'd been paying all this time then!

Perhaps ADA would like to put their website up so we can see their Case Studies? Or maybe they don't have any happy one's.

So this is a warning to all of you, make sure your clients know who you are! Seriously though I would contact them just to make sure they are happy with your services, you never know when another seo company may steal them!

(One last check, yep nothing libellous - wouldn't want to wish to edit this in a couple of days time and not be able to).

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    hehe...

Man, I can't believe that this is still going on!

Good luck everyone with the compemsation!

Cheers for the forum Shawn. Without it, Alex Doyle would probabally be getting away with all of this.

SEbasic, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  12. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    He's not ADA SEbasic.

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  13. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess what?

Just spoken to all the companies on our Case Studies page and none of them have been contacted by anyone else about seo or even asking about us!

What are they like!

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  14. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    :confused:

HHHMMMMMMMMM:

Matchbox models were on your case studies page. I have spoken to him, says he's never heard of ITC, all of a sudden the Matchbox models example is deleted from the case studies page.

Wierd???

Don't you think?

DOYLE MEDIA, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  15. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops, sorry about that - post removed

BTW - Doyle, why are you so bothered?
    It's your case studies I would be looking after if I were you.

Why don't you just use the same sign in?

SEbasic, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  16. ITC

ITC Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah we're Doyle Media now, lol.

Matchbox Models - a site we did through a partner, so no he wouldn't know our name.

Actually we change our case studies all the time. As you've obviously been studying our site it's weird you didn't notice.

Notice you didn't mention any of the other companies on our Case Studies page as per last time. Are you going to say you contacted them as well, or just Matchbox Models?

Funny you said on the phone you had contacted a few of them?

Can't wait til you get your site up so people can badger your clients.

ITC, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  17. magellan

magellan Guest

Best Answers:
    They are seeking damages of £35,000!

How about refunding the fees paid by people who are unhappy with the service provided by ADA?

magellan, Aug 9, 2004 IP
  18. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    We did contact other clients but good "statement" though, how long did it take to think that up?. Matchbox Models has been on your site since intial contact was made June sometime. Oh yes because we aren't a small to medium sized business we have more than one member of staff, that will post under different call signs. If you change your case studies all the time, how come you stated back in June that your case studies were out of date? If you did it via a partner, how come you had it on your case studies page, claiming credit for work done with them, was it your own work? If not why try to pass it off as yours? Surely a successful SEO has many examples of their own work not other peoples. It's a bit strange that when I contacted you this morning and had this conversation that Matchbox Models were taken off immediatly? As for refunds we refund clients with a legitimate claim. Obviously not all claims are legitimate, some are some aren't, such is business. It's also a bit strange that when you call ITC the Managing Director answers the phone. ;)

19. DOYLE MEDIA

DOYLE MEDIA Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh yes Obviously we weren't badgering anyone's clients.

20. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    This thread is called 'Alex Doyle Associates' .

If anyone wants to discuss Internet Traffic Consultancy then I'd suggest you start a new thread. See if it gets the same attention and similar numbers of disgusted clients...

T0PS3O, Aug 9, 2004 IP