1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alex Doyle Associates

Discussion in 'General Business' started by albereto, Jun 22, 2004.

Beware of Alex Doyle Associates. I have read a few threads here and its all true. They claim to guarantee number 1 listings, but they can't deliver the goods!

I've been conned by them also. They also guarantee a refund if they don't achieve no.1 listings. Try getting a refund, Andrew Morris their Sales Director apparently isn't interested when I ask for one and comes up with excuses of them needing to do more to the source code to improve rankings!

I've lost patience with them and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they are amateurs!

albereto, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Good to see (well not really though) my initial thoughts of them seem to be valid.

Sorry to hear you had troubles with them! Read more here and from now on: DIY!

T0PS3O, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  3. albereto

albereto Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers and I will

4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Im sorry to hear that you got scammed. Thanks for the post

schlottke, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my clients recently asked me about this company - I pointed them to the thread on the subject in this forum. I got a call later the same afternoon thanking me for steering them to the real info on this company.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  6. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Foxy, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  7. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any time a SEOer promises guaranteed top placement for competitive keywords... he/she is either a crass amateur or a total liar. Keep your wallet closed.

SEO_AM, Jun 22, 2004 IP
  8. albereto

albereto Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll let you know if I get my money back - wish me luck!

9. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ya all.... Well it look's like i'm not the only one having probs with Alex Doyle....I would love to have a chat with anyone regarding them...and on how to get our money back.
    Regards
    Peter

peterjohnston917, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Share your story please...

T0PS3O, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  11. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Story is so long...it goes back to Nov 03...and is still goooooooing even today...we are a new internet company...wanting to get on building good customer base and sales...but have been badly let down by a company...who have promised things for the last 7 months and have not come up with the goods...they are now saying that they have done the work...but we are still not getting any listings on the search engines....we have been asking for our money back for the last 2 months....but their director will not even talk to me on the phone!!!!!! Any and all help would be welcomed.

peterjohnston917, Jun 24, 2004 IP
  12. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an up date for all....please keep contacting me with all your information regarding Alex Doyle...Having now received alot of phone calls and e mails...from un-happy customers of Alex Doyle.....
    FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALEX DOYLE ASS (ADA)
    We are still currently awaiting our refund...which was asked for over 2 months ago!!!!

peterjohnston917, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  13. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    did you pay with a credit card? you may be able to do a chargeback..

how exactly did you end up finding these guys?

disgust, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  14. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    We paid by credit card....still working on chargeback....as yet no joy

ADA are into telephone sales in a big way.....So they phoned me and others as well...

IF ALEX DOYLE CAME UP WITH WHAT THEY PROMISED ME AND OTHERS WOULD BE VERY HAPPY PEEP'S....BUT THEY HAVENT!!!!!!!

15. Foxy

Best Answers:
    For the information of everybody who is perhaps new to "the internet game" and with no criticism at all - don't you think that any internet firm, who was worth their grain of salt, would use the internet properly, ie ethically, to gain their sales in the medium they purport to be so good at!

Unforunately, by working cross media, they exploit the vulnerabilities that this allows. Unfortunately also, it seems that it is only after people have been conned that they arrive here.

As a word of caution for all those people who are new to the game - if you publish on the web site details of how people can contact you by another method, eg telephone sales, address, be aware that you are allowing everybody in the world access to contact you about everything at any time of the night or day. So people like Alex Doyle will do just that.

Foxy, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  17. Foxy

Best Answers:
    This debate about one firm is on two threads - perhaps it should be merged?

Foxy, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  18. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    The other one started about a different company though, but yeah it's pretty much all about Bogus Claims Associates, a.k.a. ADA

T0PS3O, Jun 25, 2004 IP
  19. peterjohnston917

peterjohnston917 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree Foxy....would be nice to keep this one going...so that anyone who now join's and want's to view this information about Alex Doyle Ass can do...on here... like i did yesterday...i'm really pleased in finding it...and all who i have comms with...PLUS this site has given loads more information and advice on other matters.
    Peter

20. Kirkburton

Kirkburton Guest

Best Answers:
    I didn't realise this thread was running on Alex Doyle...here is a copy of something I Posted elsewhere in this forum:

The Alex Doyle guarantee states:

<I>"We offer you five search terms, which will exclusively belong to you for a period of 12 months within which you will enjoy number one listings on the search engines above. Once purchased, these can’t be resold to any of your competitors hence you will have a unique lead on the field.

We will optimise your site, take the search words off our data-base, assign them to your site and then submit to the search engines listed above.

Here at Alex Doyle we pride ourselves on product delivery, to the extent that if for any reason we are unable to complete the work as specified, we guarantee a 100% refund of any money you spend towards this product.

The service period of twelve months will commence once you are on the number one spot of the search engines listed above. The time period of installation will usually take four weeks from the date of purchase at which point you will expect to see a number one listing.

You will receive monthly statistics to report on the performance of your site."</I>

Does this mean I have to wait 12 months before getting my money back?

For those wondering which search engines Alex Doyle Associates is guaranteeing you'll be top for are:

Yahoo
    Msn
    Lycos
    Excite
    Fast
    Go to (alltheweb)
    Alta Vista
    Google
    AOL
    Ask Jeeves
    Iwon
    Go network
    Open directory
    Netscape search
    Northern Light
    Ixquick
    Overture

So far for the five terms I chose , three are listed in Jayde, and one in exactseek, neither of which are mentioned in the above, this is after four months.

Kirkburton, Jun 25, 2004 IP