1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AlertPay negative balance

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by TonyRo, May 15, 2011.

I got scam by a buyer who filed chargebacks from their credit card issuer after using my service. Finally he got his money back and my AlertPay account has -$978 USD now because all money has been withdrawn through wire. (I also got fined $25 for each chargeback. It really hurts !)
    Now if I leave my AlertPay account forever and not to pay those negative balance will any trouble happen to me ? What can AlertPay do to retrieve money since I am not USA or Canada citizen ?

Last edited: May 15, 2011
    TonyRo, May 15, 2011 IP
  2. ken.sweet

ken.sweet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alertpay has your address and all details. I don't think there is a way to escape.

ken.sweet, May 15, 2011 IP
  3. TonyRo

TonyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but than what will they do ? I hear someone has negative balance of $3000 in Paypal than Paypal do nothing.

TonyRo, May 16, 2011 IP
  4. kate.raisa

kate.raisa Peon

Best Answers:
    They can not do you anything, what you own them is a too small amount to create a problem, but the best thing is to pay up because you will never know when you need them again, and being a very big company Paypal may distribute your name and adress to all others similar business and you will see that you can not cash in with any affiliate program

kate.raisa, May 16, 2011 IP
  5. TonyRo

TonyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Waiting for more ideas ...

TonyRo, May 16, 2011 IP
  6. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They can not and will not do anything. It's just that, you won't be able to use that account again unless you cover the negative balance first.

This happens quite frequently with payment processors and they don't even bother to get the funds back. They are making more than that :)

Disguised, May 16, 2011 IP
  7. TonyRo

TonyRo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, since my amount is not big (only 978 USD) and I don't live in US so I also think there will not have problem. But advice for anyone who lives in US, you should pay as soon as possible because they will send to collection and your credit score will be reduced.
    Also, if the amount is big you should care about it. I heard one guy had $12,000 negative balance in paypal, eventually paypal sent an agency to take his property.

TonyRo, May 16, 2011 IP
  8. Terano

Terano Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you must leave your AP account, and AP will not do anything with you. Dont worry about that, a lot of people have the some problem with you.

Terano, May 16, 2011 IP
  9. SAGILIO

SAGILIO Member

Best Answers:
    you must leave your AP account, and AP will not do anything with you.

SAGILIO, May 16, 2011 IP
  10. nitinleew

nitinleew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can leave it.they can't do anything.But you cannot use alertpay anymore

nitinleew, May 16, 2011 IP