1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Aiming at a new country with a domainname that doesn't make any sense

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ElMythos, Dec 31, 2020.

Someone used to have a site aimed at the Russian market. The site has some history, traffic and ahrefs gives it a DR of 27.

For reasons, he is thinking of aiming at a different country, same business.

I am sure that SEO can help to connect the site to the new market and keywords.

One concern, though, is the domainname which doesn’t really make sense for the new market.
    SEMrush
    I wonder, if he was to use a brand new domainname for the new market, would a redirection of the old domainname to the new one pass all the SEO juice of the old site?

Keeping in mind that the old domainname doesn’t make sense for the new country, and will never work as a brand name, what is the best option?

• Keep the domainname and work on SEO for the new country?
    • Use a new domain name and redirect the old domainname to the new one?

Thanks

ElMythos, Dec 31, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Means meaningless URL can not rank well in any country ??????

So what is meaning of "Google" "OLX" .... If you have domain like aslsddldsfd dot com and website contents contain information, services and / or products according to your target market then you means that google can not understand that what you want to do online and in which country specially ????

I agree that meaningful domain name is good option but does not means meaning less can not rank ...... What you need to know only what search engines like and how can you get more attentions of search engines than your competitors sites.

seomanualsubmission, Dec 31, 2020 IP
  3. ElMythos

ElMythos Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said that a meaningless name cannot rank well. I never claimed that so why even argue about it?

Like I explained, the domain name is not suitable as a brand name (for reasons) and a different domainname would work better (not for SEO, for everything else).

If anyone can give an answer to my questions, in my original post, I'd appreciate it a lot.
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    ElMythos, Dec 31, 2020 IP