1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AI chatbots are scraping our data, and sending zero visitors

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by JEET, Mar 7, 2023.

Hi,
    I have a question about these AI chat bots.
    I think this forum section is best suited for this because all these bots are products of these popular search engines.

The thing is, these search engine companies are crawling our websites, taking data from us, and then feeding it to these chat bots, which are then showing the result to the user, "without" showing a link to our websites.

How is this beneficial for us website owners?

I am 100% certain that these popular search engine companies have not hired their own professors and scientists and whatever to come up with answer sheets to feed these bots.
    Its clearly data from our websites.
    And there is no benefit to us. None at all.

Those "featured content section" we saw in web searchs, that is the answer these chat bots are giving out.
    Difference is, in "featured content", the user can click a link and open our website. But that is not the case when the same user is using a chat bot, and still getting same answer.

Journalists who have used Microsoft's chatbot, they have confirmed that the answer of the chatbot was pretty much the same which they got when they were using the "chat" feature in bing search.
    Minus the link to the website.

In short, we are making websites so that search engines can use our data, and totally prevent the user from opening our website...

How is this good? What can we do? Any ideas?

JEET, Mar 7, 2023 IP
  2. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give away to these bots the implicit ads,
    like the product placement in the movies.

And take the money from the advertisers
    in exchange for such product placement.

Artisan, Mar 9, 2023 IP
  3. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    It is quite logical that AI chatbots collect and will collect the information we provide them.

Gamerseo, Mar 9, 2023 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is logical, but then give a link back also. We are providing content to search engines so that they can send us visitors. If they "refuse" to send visitors, then what is the point?

JEET, Mar 17, 2023 IP
  5. dwnb520

dwnb520 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will set thresholds. For example, some content can only be accessed by members, and only half of the free content can be seen. You must register as a member to see all the content, because friends who want to see the other half of your content will definitely register, and robots are not Will register, and those who register at the same time may be your potential customers

dwnb520, Mar 25, 2023 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @dwnb520
    You are not understanding this I think. AI chat bots are not showing a link to the websites from where they got the data. How will someone know that the content was from this that website?

JEET, Mar 31, 2023 IP
  7. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My views on AI change as fast as it changes. Right now my thoughts are, it's going to take awhile before the majority of people feel comfortable with using/getting information from these AI platforms (people are slow to accept change). Advertising has always been a huge chunk of Google's revenue and they know the risks. So, they don't want to abandon site owners completely.

To counter the loss in traffic, we've been given the green light to use AI to create content. The answer for now is to scale as quickly as possible. Those that don't adapt quickly to AI will get left behind. There's two groups of people with AI #1 complainers or #2 adapters and doers.

I know a lot of people don't like the idea of AI content. Some believe that all AI content is of poor quality or that a Human must write it to be good quality. If done properly AI content is better in many ways. If the information I'm looking for satisfies my inquiry and is factual, I don't care how it was produced. I see AI content as a great tool for us in the present moment. What happens 12-24+ months away, who knows, that's why we need to scale quickly now and take advantage of it in my opinion.

kjh-08, Jul 1, 2023 IP
  8. phoenixtropicals

phoenixtropicals AdsP2p.net Peer To Peer Web Advertising Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting observation. Yet, the chatbots don't simply scrape the web. If they did then there would be all kinds of weird information in them like "the earth is flat". Somehow their creators manage the knowledge fed to them. However, I agree with you. If they are copying content then copyright precedent says that they have to create referral links.

phoenixtropicals, Jul 26, 2023 IP
  9. cm2010

cm2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AI bot is for lazy who can't create article and search and read the results from search engings.

It will hurt lots of website owner if many people become lazy in reading

cm2010, Jul 29, 2023 IP
  10. phoenixtropicals

phoenixtropicals AdsP2p.net Peer To Peer Web Advertising Premium Member

Best Answers:
    chatgpt is great for writing code snippets. Also pretty good for things like "show me how to install apache on my amazon ec2 server" It composites knowledge that would otherwise have to be cobbled together from many sources. However, sometimes chatgpt is wrong! I just see it as another tool available. It definitely can save me time but you have to use it with the same caution you do anything else on the web. Worries about it becoming skynet and taking over the world are highly exaggerated. ha ha Not any time soon for sure.

phoenixtropicals, Jul 30, 2023 IP
  11. xowi

xowi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We are sailing into uncharted waters with AI and the people who control it.

xowi, Oct 7, 2023 IP
  12. alekslv

alekslv Peon

Best Answers:
    The AI isn't perfect yet, but we'll see.

alekslv, Feb 18, 2024 IP