1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Agora, Interchange, osCommerce, Zen, CRE Loaded, or CubeCart ...

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by an0n, Jul 21, 2006.

There are a variety of open source shopping cart programs available and I'm in the initial thinking stage of which would be the best to choose from for one of my sites.

What I would appreciate are some reviews and opinions on the options available, based on other owners opinions who have used several of them.

This seems like the most important part of my initial decision making, and any feedback from those who are versed and experienced would be greatly appreciated.

So which would you recommend, and why?

Thanks,
    Rob

an0n, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    interesting.,... no input

i was leaning towards oscommerce, but i think know what i will go with.

thx for valuable suggestions<---hahhahah

an0n, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  3. amokk20us

amokk20us Peon

Best Answers:
    anon, there are quiet a few posts already on which shopping is best, however to make an educated decision you really need to tell us a bit more about what your requirements and expectations are?

What products are you selling etc etc What level or web programming do you have.

Each cart has its own set of features. However Oscommerce has by far the most customisation ability.

amokk20us, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  4. SteveIrw

SteveIrw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Rob,

We worked with osCommerce shopping cart in 2005 and after 5-6 months we found and realized that it's very difficult to customize and support online store after you run it. Each time our customers changed their web design they asked us to change the design of their online store, because to change online store design it required PHP experience and deep understanding of osCommerce. So, look at the shopping cart software from this point of view (easy design customization and support).

SteveIrw, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  5. Jpm773

Jpm773 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like cubecart, Of course the premium version costs $, but the add ons are endless. OS Commerce also has a good user base, but it seemed "Too much" for what I was using it for. I still use the versoin 3 cubecart freeware but I plan on upgrading to the 4.0 version soon.

Jpm773, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  6. paulp22

paulp22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Cre Loaded. I've been using it for a while and have no problems so far.

paulp22, Oct 31, 2009 IP