1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AGLOCO = A GLObal COmmunity Get in Now!!!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by tlainevool, Nov 21, 2006.

1. juanthedj

juanthedj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody wants to earn more Padmi... who doesn't...

if you'll scrutinize their strategy on how Agloco earn for themselves... actually they make sense... sort of... lol

juanthedj, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  2. madlady

madlady Guest

Best Answers:
    It makes sense, look at it this way, you have a website, and a major company wants to buy it but you tell that company you only have 1 visitor, how much is that company going to pay for your website? Not much....

Ok, so now take that same website, and the same major company wants to buy it and now you tell them you have over 1 billion people subscribed, signed up ect.. how quick do you think they will pay you for it and how much money you would get loads...

So, there premise is an easy concept to understand, by making it publicly owned by providing the shares to members they accomplish the goal of getting people signed up and using the site....in turn now they can turn to webmasters, businesses and say hey look i got a site and we have xx amount of people there come advertise on our site / rotator... More people brings in more advertisers, which brings in more money which equates to everyone getting a share of what was built. It's a win win for everyone,

Your question again though is why would anyone want to add another surf, search ect... to there desktop....

This is easy, first of all most of my search stuff such as google, yahoo, ect are all in my toolbars on my browser, so the only thing that I actually run in the back ground is 2 seperate browsers for surf sites. Running one bar for 5 hours on one computer doesn't take that long to do, and once I do my 5 hours its done for the month...So really I am not adding anything more or less to what I am doing now...

Most people make the most money off the interenet by getting into several ground floor beta type programs, do they all pay out probably not, some even go away, but there is a small percentage that do.... for example...And i will just pick one company....Clickbank, Now when click bank first came out, how many people knew about it? Not many it was new, Now you could say the same thing for that company back then why join another product site, anyone been paid, ect.. Now look at clickbank, It seems each month more and more people are now using it, and advertising it, ect...Would you call clickbank a failure... In the begginning maybe, but not now...

You don't need to join, you don't need to do anything, but anyone that is looking to make something from nothing, has nothing to lose except for their own personal time...I spent my 5 hours this month using the bar, Now if i do this for 5 or 6 months and don't see anything do you really think i am going to continue using it? and if they fold up and go out of business right now what am I personally out?

I feel the information you are talking about that they track is very minute at least, and as long as you have a good anti-virus, anti-spam/spyware, program, I don't think that there is really nothing for a person to worry about.. you have more to worry about when using your credit card, or banking information over the web then by using a simple tool bar.

To each his own, It really doesn't matter to me whether you sign up or not, or whether you want to share it with your downline, or people that visit your site. that is each persons personal decession.

Not everyone believes in the bible but the bible is still out there....When noah was told to build an ark, everyone laughed at him too....but looks like he got the last laugh in the end...

madlady, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  3. S_Amazan

S_Amazan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't seem to download my toolbar. everytime I go to download it it times out, but I will wait and see to what happens.

S_Amazan, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  4. spin

spin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting...thanks

spin, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  5. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take most of your points - I tend to agree with you, I think that the execution of the whole idea is not that bad, disregarding the poor adherence to schedules etc. (when did Microsoft last get anything out on time?)

My main question is simply the business model - it is a terrible risk for them. They have promised millions (?) of users money up front and now it all hinges on whether they will get enough ad revenue to pay up. So many things can go wrong, but at the end of the day if it succeeds they are in the money, and so are perhaps a lucky few who got a big downline... If it fails then hell, declare bankruptcy, wait for a few years and then come up with another hare-braine scheme...

markowe, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  6. admarket

admarket Peon

Best Answers:
    The website is extremely busy right now, since the Viewbar has been released. People are checking in to dowload it, and also checking their stats (referrals + hours). AGLOCO will make some changes, so that the servers won't get overloaded.

Boris
    http://iownagloco.blogspot.com

admarket, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  7. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive noticed lately the servers have been a lot better.

Woodcs82, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  8. madlady

madlady Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I have read an update from agloco and now it seems they are also going to take into consideration on people that will use the browser more actively, vs just using it for the max hours to be paid on 5 dollars. anyone have any idea where to find this information, this is important to note. So if you are using agloco I would start running your surf bar more actively now when ever you can.

madlady, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  9. igneous

igneous Peon

Best Answers:
    9 times out of 10 I still cant log into the website. I wouldnt acllt hat much better

igneous, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  10. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    So it'll be $5 for five hours active surfing per month?

Reprobate, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  11. madlady

madlady Guest

Best Answers:
    I meant 5 hours, not 5 dollars, sry, that was incorrect,

good catch, i was working on another program while writing this the money for the hours is still yet to be determined by agloco, but its a percentage, and then the percentage is broken down by how many hours, and useage hours are being used with the browser, there site is getting better because i find it easier and easier to log in.

madlady, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  12. MafiaMaster

MafiaMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    They are going to decide how much each hour is worth by dividing the total number of hours for the entire AGLOCO by the amount of money they made. That'll determine how much each hour is worth.

MafiaMaster, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  13. markowe

Best Answers:
    Now that sounds like a VERY cynical ploy to get people using the viewbar more (I have turned mine off) - i.e. viewing more ads - without actually promising anything, or indeed giving anything specific in return. In fact, no-one has actually received ANYTHING yet from this scheme! So I think I will NOT be giving them the benefit of the doubt for now - I have wasted enough time on Agloco.

And to the oft-repeated suggestion that "Agloco doesn't cost you anything", that is quite wrong - they are expecting you to invest screen-space, bandwidth and TIME in the scheme, all of which when I last looked represented MONEY to me...

markowe, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  14. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I hear ya.

I fell out of love with Agloco when they fell one month behind of their predicted launch date in April.

I haven't bothered downloading the viewbar. I was an early bird when it came to signing up and would have been one of the first to be able to download the viewbar. But given their already sloppy track record it didn't surprise me when they did launch and didn't follow through with their plan. Or the fact that so many people couldn't because their site slowed down so much they timed out.

It'll be interesting how long it takes before anyone sees any money.

I'm just sitting here on the sideline eating popcorn.

Reprobate, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  15. prinzcy

prinzcy Active Member

Best Answers:
    does anybody receive their paycheck?

prinzcy, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  16. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    i have an account there.

but no time for it anymore as i am very busy with my directory.

if anyone like to get my members.

i have like 3000 plus in there.

pm me if you are int.

dtm, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  17. markowe

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, sure - except it wasn't from Agloco!

"Paycheck" - suggests something official, an obligation, something contractually binding, something you can count on every month. The Agloco scheme fulfills none of those criteria!

markowe, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  18. prinzcy

prinzcy Active Member

Best Answers:
    In other word, Agloco doesn't pay.

prinzcy, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  19. markowe

Best Answers:
    By the way, I have been watching the ads that appear in the toolbar (switched it on for experimental purposes :)) The ads are all for no-name, small-time businesses. Now answer me this - an Agloco ad campaign, you would think, ought to cost a fortune. I mean, you are accessing trillions of people, right? (er, well, you know) It ought to make a full-page in the NYT seem like a small-ad in a local rag. Instead, these ads look more like those small-ads!

In other words, I cannot believe that Agloco can be making much revenue from this at all. I suppose it depends on how many people they serve any one ad to, for how long, and how much they charge for it, but I cannot believe they can be pulling in the multi-millions they would need to to pay out users more than a few cents. If it all boils down to a few cents, people are not going to stay interested for long (all of my refer-ees have already given up!)

If this bleak picture is not true, then where are the high-paying ads from big multi-national companies?

markowe, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  20. madlady

madlady Guest

Best Answers:
    What is the use to complain about it? I mean really, either you use agloco or you don't if you don't then that is fine who really cares? and if you do that is too. but really what is the point? I understand there are people out there that have to complain and moan about every little thing, and such, but do you really think others care what you are complaining about?

I look at agloco like this, It's new, It doesn't cost me a dime, and if it pans out it pans out. if not then it doesn't still doesn't cost me a dime, ok it cost me some personal time, wow, I am on this computer anyways, and it took me like 2 seconds to get the bar up and running ouch.

If you make it a point to run agloco then great if not that it great too.

If checks come in then fine, if not then that is ok too....I mean really I bet you have other programs, or you have joined other programs and ran them for months, and found out that they didn't work. do you all right a 3 page book on it? if so for what to help them advertise, lol. Dequba is a new company that I am running see my post under do you DeQuba? I spend more hours there right now than anywhere else. I am sure you all have at least 1 program that you spend most of your time at.

Sometimes when opportunity knocks you just got to open the door, and grab hold with both hands, and if it fails, what is your issue? I don't care one way or the other, if agloco works, then great i will advertise it, if it fails and goes away, then ok so what, If others ask about it do you really think i would promote it? not me, am i going to write a 3 book on it? no...

So here is my take on it, if agloco works great, and I will keep it with my top programs that i am running if it don't I will delete it and won't lose any sleep over it. There are just to many other things in life to be all stressed out on.

madlady, Jul 4, 2007 IP