1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AgeOfCitizens - Browser strategy game

Discussion in 'Games' started by thomasdgr, Jun 4, 2015.

I would like to introduce to you the last game I developed.

AgeOfCitizens is a massive online multiplayer strategy game. You can register as a citizen of your country and help it grow economically, politically and extend its borders.

Game is clearly a browser game, no add-on needed to play.

Main Features:
    - Construct your companies and produce goods necessary for you and your co-citizens.
    - Fight against other citizens on the battlefield. Be careful, they are real citizens defending themselves!
    - Become a politician and choose your country's future in cooperation with the other political members.
    - Make friends and all together help your country conquer the AgeOfCitizens world!

I would appreciate if you could share your feedback, in this thread or in game forum.

You can join the game at: Age Of Citizens

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    thomasdgr, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  2. dimsum

dimsum Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm too busy for games now. But it does looks good. If anyone else has tried it, maybe they could post a review.

dimsum, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  3. thomasdgr

thomasdgr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Four months since game launch have passed and there are many improvements and many more to come. I am dropping this message as today is an ideal date to join the game. Elections take place and the country governments will be created for the rest of the month.

thomasdgr, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  4. Madelite

Madelite Banned

Best Answers:
    I really liked the idea of the game, but there are a few problems with it. As a beginner there isn't really anything to do unless you buy gold. But I do like the idea overall, it's more unique than most of the browser games I've seen.

Edit: Also, kinda sucks being the sole citizen in my country, it limits me a lot as I can't even create a political party.

Madelite, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  5. thomasdgr

thomasdgr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Take some time to browse the game forum, you will find information on how to begin. There is no need to buy gold to make a start. Also, in countries with no government the game offers you the chance to get your political party for free.

thomasdgr, Oct 8, 2016 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your game has some SERIOUS issues. I tried registering but all I got was an error message, BUT NO WAY TO CORRECT THE ERRORS.

Since I was UNABLE TO REGISTER, I can only review the registering process.

When I click the register link, a list of UNLABELED boxes appear.

1) Top box SHOULD be the user name, but since it has NO LABEL, that is just a GUESS.

2) Next four boxes WITH NO LABELS have an UNKNOWN purpose, although I SUSPECT that one of them is for an email address and another for a password since the error message specified an invalid email and invalid password. No clue WHICH of the four are for email and password, and NO CLUE WHAT THE REMAINING TWO BOXES ARE FOR.

3) Next box is a labeled dropdown list with several problems. The text, light gray on white with THIN glyphs, is UNREADABLE. When I went to choose from the list, I find that many countries are MISSING from the list. I had to squint to read parts of the list so it is possible that the 'missing' countries are on the list, but I could not see them.

4) The last box has a so-so label, but assumes that people know which characters to enter in the box. That needs to be clarified. Also, when I enter characters, I CANNOT SEE THEM, so there is no way for me to know if they are correct until I get an error message AND HAVE TO START OVER.

Fix the font, fix the font color, get the registering process working, and if I have the time I will dig deeper.

mmerlinn, Oct 8, 2016 IP
  7. thomasdgr

thomasdgr Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the first time someone complains about the registration process and the game has thousands of registered users.
    As far as I understand from your writings (unlabeled input boxes) you are using an older browser version since all modern browsers support "placeholder" labels.
    The game is tested in the latest versions of firefox, chrome and internet explorer and is working fine so far. Please try to use a modern browser to check the game.
    Thank you for your time replying in the thread.

thomasdgr, Oct 8, 2016 IP