1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Age Difference in Marriage, how far you can go?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emily Yee, Jan 15, 2013.

How much older and how much younger you can accept and why?

I am alright with 15 years older and 5 years younger.
    Why?
    I m 27 and I find much older guys are witty and have a lot to talk about, while with younger men, after some time, you'll find that you don't really have much to talk about except saying I love you and stuffs like that.
    While dating younger men, I think they are most innocence in their early 20's, where they can love like they have never been hurt before, while older men will have some baggage and hurtful memories which make them more protective about themselves.

Emily Yee, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  2. starrystars

starrystars Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe that women mature faster than men and so as far as age difference, I won't really go for younger guys because I don't want to be the one dominating the relationship/marriage. I find that older men are more attractive, experienced and just know how to carry themselves more.

However, please note that I am NOT generalizing all older men and younger men but in regards to me, this is what I have experienced.. To each his own..

starrystars, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  3. Peetter123

Peetter123 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    I think there should be much difference between both as it is true that women matures faster than a man, men need much time to grow and become responsible so it is always better to keep some difference

Peetter123, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  4. PGGirl

PGGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I believe age is just a number. My husband is only 3 years older than me, but I've also fallen in love with someone who's 8 years younger than me. Maturity happens to people of all ages depending on what they've experienced in their lives, in my opinion. I do agree that in most cases, women definitely mature faster. In the means of being attracted to men of different ages, there's a wide variety of what I find attractive. A lot of it is personality and morals!

PGGirl, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  5. igor_k

igor_k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it doesn't matter for me at all. as the main thing is love and of course ppl should understand each other and respect, and it doen't matter how older or younger your partner is.

igor_k, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  6. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not more than 4 to 5 years for me. :) I would prefer my partner to be around 4 to 5 years younger. :) :p

Digital_shubhi, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  7. bunny2790

bunny2790 Member

Best Answers:
    max. 1 or 1.5 year.

bunny2790, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  8. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As someone has already said, 'age is just a number'.

My wife is 15 years younger than me, but we have a very similar outlook. We're both very family orientated etc. and at the end of the day love doesn't care what age, race etc. someone is. If it's the right person for you then that's all that matters.

PrometheusUK, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  9. indmoss

indmoss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There use to be an "old timers rule" about this. It said that once someone turned 24, you shouldn't date anyone younger than half your age plus 7. So by this logic, a 24 year old shouldn't date anyone younger than 19; a 30 year old shouldn't date younger that 22, a 40 year old shouldn't date younger that 27 and so on. Not sure where this came from. My wife is 8 years older than me.

indmoss, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    Kamona likes this.
  10. uk_solutions

uk_solutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think when your older it shouldn't matter to much, its more of when your younger and teenagers does it come into play more often like 15-19 or 14-17.
    just because it pushes the boundaries for parents on how they feel about their kids.

uk_solutions, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. Kamona

Kamona Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any happy married life is based on the understanding between husband and wife. Basically, most of people can't accept the bossing from a same age person, specially a younger one. And for this reason, quarrel is becoming to start. It's a very natural human nature.

According to science, woman becomes more mature than a man...and so that man can't accept "Bossing" activity from his wife, if his wife is same-age or older than him. This is the main cause, we always prefer younger wife than a husband....at least 4-5 years is better for their mutual understanding.

But I always believe, older husband and younger wife is not an important matter...main thing is "understanding"...if they have a good understanding then age never make a big matter.

Kamona, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  12. zahidhassan1992

zahidhassan1992 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think normally female child get sex power early then male child so they start to like boy they are young from her for boy has power of sex.

zahidhassan1992, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. Fatima Tabassum

Fatima Tabassum Member

Best Answers:
    He should be maximum 4-5 years older and 2 years younger.:)

Fatima Tabassum, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  14. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I would say a gap of 5 to 10 years, no more than that.

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  15. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd also say a gap of 5 to 10 years. My parents are 10 years apart...

But age is just a number to me and it doesn't bother me much.

Mick2012, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  16. Emily Yee

Emily Yee Member

Best Answers:
    I once have a boyfriend who is 12 years older than me. My best friend thought that it is ridiculous to date some that much older. One of her reasons, is that averagely men die earlier. So, I will be alone when I am older. I pretty much give that a thought because I was serious about the relationship and she has some point there too.

Emily Yee, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  17. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would marry someone who is the same age or a 1 - 2 years older or younger than me.

Zirkon Kalti, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  18. Omario24

Omario24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generaly speaking, if two people love each other, it doesn't really matter what their age is or what people think about it. Personally, though, I would say 5 or 6 years MAX. If the age difference is so significant that the person could be old enough to be your dad/mom, or young enough to be your son/daughter, then it's a little strange. Nonetheless, it's really whatever floats your boat...

Omario24, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  19. Sun_Rise

Sun_Rise Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer a woman who is confident and always keep the sanctity of marriage,
    My wife age difference of 4 years older than me.

Sun_Rise, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  20. homage89

homage89 Banned

Best Answers:
    i also prefer my life Partner is 4 to 5 year Younger from me .

homage89, Feb 15, 2013 IP