1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Against TOS to put link to blog traffic sites.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by kari7171, May 2, 2006.

1. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's me, but your healthcare blog seems a little bland. Too "text-book" like. Maybe you can try adding more breaks? Cutting down on your paragraphs, and talking more informally.

Kuraptka, May 3, 2006 IP
  2. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There I figured out how to move the ads down on the left. It does look better. I wanted to do that but couldn't figure out where to put the code so the ads would be lower and the title would be at the top of the blog.

Then trying to get the referral at the bottom of the sidebar was more tricky. I don't know much about code but have been learning. I have that placed at the bottom of the sidebar now too. Now I can forget about that for a little while and add more content.

kari7171, May 3, 2006 IP
  3. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you guys are still reading this thread but I got a couple clicks. I actually made $.20 so far today..lol. It's sorta exciting since I have been making $.01 cent a day lately. It was on my healthcare blog too. I got a guy to let me put chicken pictures on it from his website since it's about bird flu. I'm not sure if it looks goofy now or if it's fitting. The pictures make me laugh sorta though.

kari7171, May 4, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the problems you have with such a topical blog is that visitors are more inclined to read from big sites for what they may consider "credible" source instead of someone's blog about it. This is where the "blog" tag becomes a detriment. Think about it: if you were looking for info on bird flu, would you read someone's "blogger" post or CNN?

jackburton2006, May 4, 2006 IP
  5. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    kari7171, May 4, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Um, I think you missed my point, but nevermind. :)

7. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    Jack, I read a lot of your posts and it seems to me you have a lot of good experience to offer - this makes me curious what kinds of sites you run, if you don't mind sharing

Joobz, May 4, 2006 IP
  8. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:

You said the blog tag becomes a detriment. As in mine being a blog or having the name blog in it would be a detriment. My point was top news stations also have blog in the name or as the tag. News reporters even have blogs with the top stories in them.

Wow if I want ridicule about everything in both of my blogs I know the place to come that's for sure.

kari7171, May 4, 2006 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I really meant when i said the above:

Joe Blow wants to know what the heck is going on with all this bird flu stuff. Joe Blow hops onto the Internet. Joe Blow types in "bird flu" in his favorite search engine. Joe Blow sees a listing for CNN's story on bird flu and a no-name blogger's opinion on said bird flu. Joe Blow will, 100% of the time, choose CNN's story on bird flu. Why? Because CNN has spent billions and decades selling their name as a "trusted news source" and someone named "kari7171" decided she might be able to make a buck if she created a free MFA blog about bird flu. Do you see the difference?

In reality, your blog would never show up in the SERPs next to CNN's, because bird flu is a popular search word, and there are sites that are 20 years older than yours dominating the search engine for the, oh, first 2000 pages or so.

That is not me "ridiculing" you, that is me trying to tell you the Gosh honest truth without coming out and saying it because I'm afraid it will hurt your feelings. I'm sorry, but that's just the truth.

I will say no more on this topic. :(

10. kari7171

kari7171 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I've noticed that you just say it like it is no matter how it might make the other person feel, like another time when you told someone that there message board was the ugliest one you had ever seen. Think I'll check out a different board where there might be more positive encouragement and feed back.

kari7171, May 4, 2006 IP