1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Afternic Appraisals

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Freebies, Apr 24, 2005.

I own these two domains and each have been appraised by afternic MoneyLenderz.com Appraisal for MoneyLenderz.com and LoanAsk.com Appraisal for LoanAsk.com

As you can see these sites have been appraised for

Domain Name Appraisal Summary

Domain Name: moneylenderz.com
    CMV: $ 1,400.00
    PMV: $ 8,300.00

&

Domain Name Appraisal Summary

Domain Name: loanask.com
    CMV: $ 350.00
    PMV: $ 1,200.00

My question is how accurate are the Afternic appraisals and perhaps more importantly how useful might they be in negotiations?

I have been contacted by by a company regarding MoneyLenderz.

Freebies, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  2. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    The only appraisal that counts (IMO) is that of the potential buyer.

I don't think appraisals hurt negotiations, but they probably won't help a great deal
    either?

Think about it >

You find a domain you like and you immediately start trying to place a value on it. Maybe you come up with $300 and then you contact the owner of said domain to inquire. The owner says I want $2,200 for it and it's been appraised at $3,500. How realistic is it that "all of a sudden" you're going to say "oh in that case, I am now willing to pay somewhere in the +/- $2,000 range." NOT LIKELY.

It's all supply and demand.

I've seen many names "appraised" over the years on popular domain name forums by very informative "domainers" that are sold shortly after for "pennies on the appraisal dollar." > NICE NAME > NO DEMAND

Those who are willing to wait and wait and wait and wait to find the right end user might do a little better and appraisals "may help," but I doubt it.

Both of the appraisals you received look a little high to me... that shouldn't come as a huge surprise though - if appraisers appraise on the "high side," you are more likely to go back for more, if they appraise LOW, you are more inclined to say "that's bullsh*t, their appraisals suck - I'm not asking (PAYING!) them for anymore appraisals.

Good luck with your domains/sale(s).

Mike

DomainLoot, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have spent 2.6k for RealEstateForum.com 4 months ago and the reactions I have gotten were anything from "you are insane" to "what a great deal!".
    Bottom line, I wanted THAT name and was willing to pay it.
    Same way there are companies out there who would love to have your names.
    Feel them out, be patient, see how much they are willing to give you.

Blogmaster, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  4. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I agree.

There are 3 dementions.

1) What you think its worth.

2) What its really worth.

3) What someone will pay.

Finding out the 2nd is what makes the 1st and 3rd so much fun =)

Shoemoney, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  5. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously - would you lend money off a company called moneylenderz?

If you don't keep up the paymentz they sendz in the boyz to take your warez ;)

Dio, Apr 28, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    A domain is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Finding that right *someone* is the challenge.

I've made some good sales on Afternic. I've bought two proposals, because they are required to make them featured. I never sold any domains via an appraisal or through their featured listings.

I just put em there and forget about em. Someday out of the blue, someone will decide they want/need it, and buy it.

I had one sit on Afternic for two+ years before it sold.

GTech, Apr 28, 2005 IP