1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After two years with Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cagliostro, Aug 31, 2009.

1. shalprit

shalprit Peon

Best Answers:
    10 Euros a day after 2 year is not acceptable ..You should switch to some CPC or try some other program...don't take off adsense completely but change the most CTR region with some alternative program like widgetbucks and so on..
    You can also try infolinks along with it..which is in text advertisement and it pays well...

The advices given above on CJ is good and worth trying,,if not cJ try to get direct advertisement... an old niche blog always get some good direct advertisement..
    You can also try buysellads for direct advertisements..

shalprit, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  2. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will not dramatically change anything right now. I'm just evaluating things and maybe add something along with adsense. And see how it goes.

Also i would very much like to see how adsense will perform until next January.

And if still performs poorly i will switch to whatever i may find.

For my local (regional) website, i will try sell ads directly, since it is easy. For the travel web site, i will add some forums and see how it goes.

To be honest i was JUST about to clone that travel site for an other tight niche (a city). But with the crisis and all, i paused.

Cagliostro, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. Calvinsonic

Calvinsonic Guest

Best Answers:
    i start to do Adsense, about 5$ per day, it's not bad or good, but i think the future will be better!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    Calvinsonic, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. sohamj

sohamj Member

Best Answers:
    sohamj, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  5. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You need to find out why you are making that low.
    If the niche you are on is a low paying, you can not do anything but to get more traffic.

Abhik, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  6. puddleofmud

puddleofmud Active Member

Best Answers:
    the click rate varies with the topic ..so you may have to try a different topic

puddleofmud, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  7. dummydam

dummydam Member

Best Answers:
    well in my opinion google pays more than anybody......so if you wast to switch to another programme well you might struggle to earn even 5 euros......so research hard before you switch.....

10 euros a day isnt bad btw.....

dummydam, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  8. ProfessionalWebAdmin

ProfessionalWebAdmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Focus on building affiliate income. It is a great way to make money.

ProfessionalWebAdmin, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  9. justkidding

justkidding Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can see that it is a frustrating experience for you, all that i can say try to figure the reason rather than giving up knowing at least google is the best payer in the market. I have some bad experience too but i worked out with google team to figure out. Good Luck!!!

justkidding, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  10. I N D I A

I N D I A Active Member

Best Answers:
    $0.10 - $0.20 is not a bad CPC rate. if I were getting this much, I would have been earning $$$ everyday. I get $0.2 - $0.5 per click, but still happy since a large number of clicks gets converted into a decent amount and that's what I wait for.

And about the G fear, yes, that's what G has to treat seriously since Yahoo and MSN might spread it's reach early next year.

I N D I A, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  11. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is around 10 euros per day from both my websites.

And of cource i will do my work before anything.

Cagliostro, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  12. greatkingdominvest

greatkingdominvest Guest

Best Answers:

Did you know you could make much more then just $1 per click if you have a high ranked website with a high CTR well that will say if some of your visitors actually generate from clicking the ad and doing a registration or a purchase.
    Forex is paying okay just like car assurance and other specified keywords, but to really understand adsense, you will have to understand adwords. You will have to understand that some keywords might pay you 5-7$ per click one day but another day only will pay you 60cent.

It depends on how many advertisers are bidding on the specified keyword.
    It also depends on how high a rank your website got. It also depends on how many views the ad has had and how many clicks.

Oh I almost forgot. It also depends on which country you live in. Some countries are paying higher per keyword, but this is again because of the advertiser bid function Google runs.

greatkingdominvest, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  13. kashadvertise

kashadvertise Peon

Best Answers:
    u r right, i m also thinking to do the same.

kashadvertise, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  14. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your sites are about what?
    you must understand if you're sites are sport or game related

intro, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  15. nawny

nawny Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't spend all your time on two different websites. Spread your efforts to different sites and different niches

nawny, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm with you buddy. I think adsense sucks. Waaayy too much real estate for the payouts they give. Too many ads aren't worth crap, and they know it, yet they still take money from advertisers and expect webmasters to display them for peanuts.

I don't see any benefit to the program if the only keywords that make any money are the same old things, Insurance, Lawyers, Pharmaceuticals, and Forex.
    What is the point of anyone else in any other niche, displaying adsense ads ?

Not only that but any adwords pro worth his weight in Mt Dew and Cheetos will tell you not to use the content network (websites and blogs) so what is the point if good advertisers are avoiding your site anyway ?

I too have tried it for some time, and the payouts are just crappy and I don't believe the stats. I don't see how a well placed adsense block gets less clicks than a homemade banner at the bottom of the page. Either they are lying, or readers are avoiding adsense ads like the plague these days.

The ads are less than engaging, boring actually..and text ads have more than past their prime as the web gets more and more entertaining and graphically enhancing.

I don't blame you one bit. there are better programs that actually create ads that engage people, provide information, search features, and pay more.
    You need 3x's the traffic to make half the money with adsense. It's not worth it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    hmansfield, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  17. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    I personaly do not like adsense, but since adding the codes back in june I am making a good amount with them getting a check every month, But I believe do not put all your eggs in one basket I also have adsdaq with adbrite as backup ads on 20% of the site and also making money with adsdaq. Like with adsense you never know when the hammer goes down.

So for the op keep adsense on some pages and some other ads on other pages.

jkadin, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  18. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is largely true I'm sure, but it's not all Google's fault - they only pay publishers a percentage of what advertisers pay them, so if most advertisers are targetting English only sites in the USA, UK and Canada for example, which I do all the time, the prices to have ads there are going to be higher... so prices for displaying ads in small European country, say Italy, to Italian language speakers is going to be much less because the competition is much less, which means I will get paid less for my Italian Adsense ads because I'm taking a cut of a smaller amount.

I don't know if it's feasable for you, or what language your sites are in already, but you could try expanding into different languages and translating some of your pages?

On the other hand, if you do drop Adsense and try selling products or affiliated products you might do better than some sites because of it being a smaller, more localized market? Say if you can sell something that only/mostly seems to be available for sale in English online, you could sell that product in Italian (for example again) where, with Italians, you would have a much better chance of making a sale than a website written in English or French etc.

Astroman, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  19. xAlexKimx

xAlexKimx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It might be just the niche, one of my site almost two years now and still earning only about $10 to $20 a day.
    My other site just about a year and the earning is much more than that.

xAlexKimx, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  20. puddleofmud

puddleofmud Active Member

Best Answers:
    i 100% agree with the comment "If regional specific then hard to make money. "

puddleofmud, Sep 2, 2009 IP