1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After two years with Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Cagliostro, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    But if you put all that time and work to something else, you will make more money.

Why waste your time in adsense dream ?

because it is a "dream", personally i don't buy all those people that start a crap website and make money in 3 or 6 months.

Cagliostro, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  2. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:

You can use the filter that google/adsense offers to get rid of certain ads I believe. I've never had that problem so I never worked with it but maybe one of the members here that has used the filter knows it's effectiveness.

If you want to PM me your site addresses, I'll take a look and see if there is something that is amiss and causing you to get these poorly paying ads showing.

Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  3. Jmay

Jmay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Cagliostro, I'm sorry to hear about your story with adsense.. I have the same experience too but i'm not putting too much efforts on adsense project. I just did a little efforts and the pay is little as well :D but i'm still positive that adsense can generate more money for me.. what you and i need is the right niche (high paying niches) and some correct method to promote our niche sites :D

Jmay, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  4. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    No matter how many i have (tried) filtered, more appear. There must be more than 100 "work from home" or "berich" and the rest mlm scam/junk websites.

This is about Google "quality". Google expects quality from us but how about their "quality" ?

For me Adsense is for small websites that want to get 100$ or something per month, and are happy.

Personally i want to make all my business from online ventures, and apparently adsense can't do that. I mean make 1.500 or 2.000 euros per month.

5. keym4k3r

keym4k3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you complain then ?

Congratulations with the traffic. I think that 10 Euro per day is quite well.
    If you didn't build a website for Adsense.
    If you want to earn decent money from Adsense build the pages for Adsense.

keym4k3r, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  6. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:

Then, i don't blaim people who put online MFA websites. Using your logic of cource.

For me, it is different.

7. Jeehan

Jeehan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why did you work only on 2 sites? you could earn better if you take a pack of sites like 10 sites but not on same niche, u said 2 sites 2k uv/day that means you can bring traffic.. so you should have used not only adsense but you should use all types of revenue source. 2 years is nothing actually....

Jeehan, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  8. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You also have to take your niches into account. Some niches pay and convert better than others. I used to own a dating directory which had a very good conversion rate and paid up to $3.50 a click. If your niche isn't that great, then the highest bids will be significantly lower and many of your visitors will not click on your ads - especially if they are not "desperate" to find what your ads are offering.

gregdavidson, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  9. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because i can't maintain more of my own. I wish i could.

Maybe, i could leave one of them in ... autopilot for a while and create a new one.

But then i don't want to do that, i mean create 100 websites.

10. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know that finding a good niche in 2009 is not easy. I think i have found a good one in the travel business but the recent crisis doesn't let me have a complete "view" of the situation. Maybe i'm hit from the crisis.

10 Euros is a lot, especially since the world is in a depression (call it a recession so people don't freak out, but it's really an artificially controlled depression).

Adsense isn't the be all end all but lots of people treat it that way. You're getting about a 1000 visitors a day there's lots of ad networks you can try out, most are junk but I know a few good ones pending your site niche. If you want more money you can try these ad networks or you can sell ads on your own - harder to do but you can get more for it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  11. cloudnthunder

cloudnthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    i am about to make a decent living from adsense and then the crisis struck. organic, arbitrage and every other skills seem dead now.

cloudnthunder, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  12. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, yes, the crisis is also a possible negative factor for adsense.

13. cloudnthunder

cloudnthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a dead market. When you are poor you want others to be poor also. CPC, CTR, sales are dropping. So there is no escape to affiliate either.

cloudnthunder, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  14. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a dead market. My revenue continues to increase every month with August off the charts and today a very nice start for the month of September.

It's dead if you want it to be dead but for a lot of us it's ever expanding. There is an issue with Cagliostros' sites... especially the travel site because that has been traditionally a decent paying niche.

My money sites are all business related and do very well. I have some medical sites that I don't promote as much as I should but I know if I did promote them, I would make good money off of them as well.

I just think that the OP needs to have a different set of eyes look at his sites and see where the kink in the armor is.

Romanorc, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  15. engr.adeel

engr.adeel Peon

Best Answers:
    I am very happy that you think to start another way to start earning online. for this you have to find a niche with suitable key words. You should start affiliate marketing

engr.adeel, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  16. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Cagliostro has very real words here...he/she has been doing this for 2 years, and is not just some newbie talking out of his butt. Google tightens the reins so that neither Advertiser nor Publisher can get a fair shake (ever been an AdWords Advertiser...just try it some time, it makes AdSense look like a walk in the park).

In fact - by working on 2 sites, he was doing exactly what Google demands--obsessively working on one or two small areas, instead of running 1,000's of sites. So, we do what Google asks, and where does that leave us?

flip, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  17. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i'm not an expert but i think i have done my work very well. I have tried two TOTALLY different niches. I knew the first niche was hard and i knew the second was a good and relatively well paying.

What i don't like is some really bad advertizers that pay .03 or .10 or even .20 cents.

I have build a quality website and i have quality visitors. If the clicks don't convert or whatever, it is NOT my problem. Not at all.

Google adsense is an ok system, very easy to install and use. I guess good for newbies or for huge already established portals (like this one).

18. ProfessionalWebAdmin

ProfessionalWebAdmin Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a good tip to increase adsence income. Go To...

ttps://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

And Search Top Sites Related To Yours

On the right below the "Get KeyWord Ideas Button" is a option called Choose columns to display. Choose to Show estimate CPC.

You will see a list of keywords and their estimate CPC. The higher the cpc the more YOU will get paid. Even though many of these words may not be great Seo to build traffic due to high competition and low demands you should still build a keyword focused content page on these pages. Here is a good example...

Do the above keyword research for debtsteps.com... here is what you find.
    Keywords like

consolidate credit card debt 1 - 3 $16.46
    consolidating credit card debt 1 - 3 $15.92
    credit card debt relief 1 - 3 $14.91
    along with another 50 or so $10+ CPC

Although these keywords may not bring traffic you still want to write topics about them since the traffic you already have will monetize these keywords.

How do you apply this to your site? Do some site exploring and find high cpc cost words and right content about them. Your adsence income should dramatically increase.

ProfessionalWebAdmin, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  19. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I have done that and it helped.

There are a couple of things i learned from the two years and also from reading this forum.

I think i'm 100% accurate on those:

1. Only targeted traffic from US and UK pays well. Regional (local) websites to a language other than english, pay very low and need TONES of traffic to make money.

2. Building a quality website for the users to benefit, is not gonna make you rich. You must make a 50% for users and 50% for adsense website.

3. You must build more than one website, in a totally different niche (area). I would say 2 or 3, since more you can't manage.

20. ProfessionalWebAdmin

ProfessionalWebAdmin Peon

Best Answers:
    You are correct. Monitizing traffic is a big focus. Honestly, you can monitize 150 users a day OR LESS if you have a good money making model.

If you have traffic you can shift your focus to implimenting money making and shy away from a pure content focus. You ALWAYS want to provide valuable content no matter what to pre-sell your customers but diversifying your income is key.

Here are some ways to diversify...

* Hard Goods Selling
    * Affiliate Marketing
    * Sell A Service (Consulting ect.)
    * Local Offline Businesses Referrals
    * Net Auction Selling
    * E-goods Selling
    * Sales and Rental Agents Referrals
    * Other Ad Strategies

ProfessionalWebAdmin, Sep 1, 2009 IP