1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After 9 months I still got no results

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NoBody135, Jun 23, 2017.

I own a website that deals with self-help for anxiety and depression and have been posting long pieces of content onto it almost daily for a while.

I started posting fewer and fewer articles over time, by now I write about one article a week.
    All of my attempts at building backlinks were a failure, and despite being very meticulous with my SEO and content, I am yet to get and first-page rankings for any of them.

In fact, because of my lack of success, Google seems to have started deindexing my pages one by one, at least according to GSC.

I honestly don't know what to do, I put a lot of time and effort into my work and got absolutely nothing in return.

I honestly feel that my website is better than the vast majority of sites in my niche, but the big competitors seem unbeatable, and even long tail keywords fail me when it comes to getting some traffic.

I have been following industry leaders such as Neil Patel and Brian Dean yet got no results to show for it.

Any suggestions? Something that might help me out? Getting nothing after 9 months isn't "normal" in any way from what I understand.

NoBody135, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most webmasters think their site is the best. And yes, beating the big competitors will be tough due to the money they have to throw links to their site and dominate search engine results. But it will be impossible for anybody to give you further information without the name of your website.

billzo, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  3. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you said your website is better than other websites in your niche. That can be true but how Google will know that your website is better; is the vital factor here. Google has some predefined metrics using which it compares different websites and based on that analysis, websites are ranked. If your website improves those metrics, your website can definitely outrank the other websites to dominate the Google ranking.

With a website, everything is possible if you are determined enough to make it big. And during the initial days you have to put more efforts with content, backlinks and social media.

seo_buzz, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  4. Vex Vane

Vex Vane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Setting aside automated backlinking, which I can see could go bad for someone new, how can you 'fail' at basic white hat backlinking over course of 9 months? You find blogs in your niche, you read them, and you comment on them. Every comment gets you a backlink. Assuming your comments are constructive and add value to their sites, they stay, get replied to, and get you some traffic and juice. However I look at it, that should have got you minimum few thousand legitimate backlinks.

I am not in your niche and I do not know who you are competing with, but there is very large gap between no results, and competing with whoever is in top for main keywords. So you dont need to beat whoever is on page one for "depression" to still get tens of thousands of visitors for keywords along the lines of "how to deal with depression as a college student without friends studying abroad in foreign country".

I think bigger issue here is what exactly are you doing, because if Google is deindexing you, that means you are doing something you should not be without properly covering yourself.

Vex Vane, Jun 24, 2017 IP
  5. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    You're failing because you're buying into Web techniques that are a decade old.

Facebook, my friend. Look to Facebook. Build a page, post compelling content (both yours and viral / video in your niche), join groups in your niche and be active, linking to your articles when helpful.

VacationCrasher, Jun 25, 2017 IP
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to re arrange your website promotion strategies. Create more quality contents to your website. Start collecting emails from your visitors. Do some guest posting on high authority website that are relevant to your niche. Connect with fellow bloggers, Increase user engagement by providing call to action buttons on your blog. These are some of the best ways to get success in blogging. Hope this will help you.

iwebsocial, Jun 25, 2017 IP
  7. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    Try to build a good mail list and learn some other marketing techniques. Have you thought about putting aside a monthly budget for paid advertising?

Bielefelder, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  8. debbie hansen

debbie hansen Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried guest posting? Instead of posting articles in your website, you can earn backlinks through looking for guest posting targets. You can also diversify the source of your backlinks. Also going social is a big factor. While waiting for your keywords to rank, building your audience for organic traffic helps as backup.

debbie hansen, Jun 27, 2017 IP