1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After 7 years of trying, I'm close to waving the white flag...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shamus, Sep 16, 2007.

1. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Out of all the stuff you've tried, a few things must have been better than others, right?

Focus on those tried and true ideas that worked, and that you had a passion for, and make them work even better.

usasportstraining, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  2. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried many things to make money online, and failed at most everything. But I found a company that has a proven system for almost anyone to succeed. It's called Market America, they have a proven 2-3 year plan to become a success on the internet. They give you a web portal like Amazon, set up the shopping cart, handle the shipping, ect. I have been with them for 3 years, and I was able to quit my job, and I'm now in the top 5% of income earners in the US. Here is the shopping portal that they give you. PM me if you are fed up, and want a real system that works.

http://www.marketamerica.com/world

-RonMo

ronmojohny, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  3. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    here is a few thing i learn after 2 years of making money online.

1) concentrate on one thing at a time, only switch if it fail. I know a lot of people who constantly switch from a to b after they heard someone on forum or blog that they make money with b. After a few month they switch to c for the same reason. Concentrate on one project and be the master of that niche

2) people don't think...they found some tip on a blog and just apply it on his own site with out thinking (you can see a lot of thread about "i did everything they said but it doesn't work). What works for other might not work for you. Don't follow advice blindly

3)test test test..that's the only way to increase your income

ahkip, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  4. invisible121

invisible121 Banned

Best Answers:
    But for me, you didnt waste that 7 years man, atleast now you know what works and what doesnt work. Merge everything that works and earn then focus there. We're similar w/ each other, i got sad stories too. I've been scammed/fooled before and yeah, it stole my money.. keep it up man.. you'll make it..

invisible121, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  5. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow Man.

My heart goes out to you. Sadly, I'm just new in this, but I do pray that you'll succeed in your goal.

tushardhoot1, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This a great opportunity for those that are new to learn something from both the successful ones and the unsuccessful ones. Don't get discouraged by what is said here, necessarily, but it is a good dose of reality. For various reasons, not everyone is successful. It's very rarely an easy road to riches, I've found. But you could make a living, eventually.

usasportstraining, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  7. VentureOnline

VentureOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno, I think you are either cut out for it or you are not.

Myself, my quest goes on and at some point I will go or stay in this.

VentureOnline, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  8. Marketing Thug

Marketing Thug Banned

Best Answers:
    Dont give up keep trying, and you will get there!

Marketing Thug, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  9. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, amazing advice so far. I've truly gained quite a bit of inspiration and motivation to keep on going.

To clarify a few points - I currently have a 9-5 job, single, and make a comfortable living. I have extra money to invest in various projects, but I'm tired of pissing it away, you know what I mean? Who knows, maybe I'll just continue with what I know works, even if it is on a smaller level.

As the pros say, you can always scale up.

Again, thanks for all of the great advice, and not only will this help keep me motivated, but it will also open the eyes of people new to this whole thing.

So for the new folks just getting started in internet marketing, I think if you combined all the posts into one central idea, it would be "pick something and stick with it".

shamus, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  10. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    You mention you have made hundreds of websites. im not sure what yo did with those sites but was the content UNIQUE? i tell you why. i had a website which i the filled with content which i took from elsewhere. bits of content taken from lots of places to make each of my pages. i had zero success.

one day i decided i would scrap my sites content and invested in a professional copywriter. i tought myself some basic seo and launched the site. im not joking, within 6 weeks i had 3 major keywords all with page one and two rankings on google. ever since ive never looked back and have rolled in the success ever since.

you obviously have talent and drive, but instead of trying to put that talent in 5 different places/projects, focus all your talent onto one project. one website. do not copy content from ANYWHERE. write all unique content. within months your site should start seeing increases in hits, and over time you can sell through that site, you can advertise through that site, you could do anything.

the moral here, instead of putting your talent in 10 different places, put it in one place and do a fantastic job. the job you KNOW you CAN do!!!

Good Luck

flash902007, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  11. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    Online world is day by day becoming over saturated..
    no secret is a secret now..
    ppl come with a secret and next day its openly published in a blog or forum..

ppl have become more and more smarter.. many are just not wanting to waiste their money on ebooks dirty softwares and scripts thats keeps on changing and failing.. not one script tool or software available that is not quickly getting outdated useless and not generating that amount of traffic/money as promised.. ppl are smart now days to see review and also ready with chargebacks before after purchase..

forum owners and members are annoyed with bot spams.. and pm spams.. myspace users also now hates every affiliate link they see on their bulletin.. craigslist is denying and flagging almiost everything..

social bookmarks have become traffic exchange u view me i view u sites.. and vote cheaters spoiling the fun of discovering new sites..

Also beside the paypal ebay and affiliate industry..
    other industry e-currency smaller ppc ptr adult etc are almost finished and ruined...

All the glory and income potensial left with cpa closely coming to restrictions with ppl exploiting warez torrents and getpaid to complete offer scam cheat sites.. its about some time left when cpa affiliates will start to offer less like 10cent for the leads.. or inforce some sort of new rules that will make it difficult to earn from them..

THIS IS 2007.

100 000 affiliates is giving so much competition that every 1$ 5$ 10$ is becoming hard to comeby for anyone..

There is no way to make regular income from web anymore
    its not possible to make a living like this..

But its possible to come out with the next big thing and make a million.. and sleep and rest for future.. only 0.01% able to do it.. rest just watch and praise and clone it..

surf4fun, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  12. Goramba

Goramba Peon

Best Answers:
    I read your post and can relate quite a bit. It's certainly the minority of businesses that succeed, and even smaller percentage that succeed their first time around. Let me be blunt, while attempting to be helpful.

Just looking at the links in your sig it would seem on the surface you have spent too much time looking into niche one-time success stories and tried to duplicate them. Blogs, pixel sales, and "get rich now" e-letters have been done 1000 times. Admittedly it's easy to get caught up trying to chase the leader but believe me it's much more profitable to start your own race.

Try to think outside the box. You'll hear "solution" tossed around a lot in the business world. That word means a bit more than you might initially think. At the lowest level, every business is a solution to a problem. Think about that. If you're hungry you have a problem, Burger King is your solution. This is why the word solution is more popular with B2B companies, they know they're saying it to someone who will understand.

If your options are open and you're not stuck on creating one certain type of company then start a new habit. Every time you get frustrated at something, even mildly, think of what exactly the problem is and try to come up with a solution. Do this with EVERYTHING! You don't have to have a nifty new invention, you don't need years of R&D developing a gadget, just come up with a solution. Practice putting yourself in someone else's shoes and think about what is frustrating for them, and find a solution for it.

One of the simplest examples of this is a company that came out a while back. I don't own a dog, but I could see that having a back yard full of dung is not very pleasant, neither is picking it up. There's a problem. So back in 1999 a company started called DoodyCalls with the sole purpose of coming over and picking it up for you. There's a solution. As of this year they have 15 franchises. There's your profit.

One other example is wobbly tables. We have all run into this problem. You're out to eat and they sit you at a table that wobbles every time you lean against it. That's a problem. To truly fix them can be somewhat expensive, especially when multiplied over an entire dining area. There's another problem. So a man named Andrew Gordon started a company called StableTables. Some of you may have seen him on TV. It's a keychain looking device with plastic tabs you can pull off and put under a wobbly table. There's a solution. At last count he has sold 500,000 at about $2 each. There's your profit.

So there you have 2 examples, one service and one product, of how finding a simple solution to a common problem can be very profitable. I'll PM you two other examples that have serious potential to make you some money.

I'll keep this just shy of having to be published, but hopefully that will get you started in the right direction.

Goramba, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  13. satangod

satangod Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey. . . . I am a newbie to this money making world and your post have creeped me out .
    But i seriously believe if you had maintained a website for 7 yrs by now a good regular income would have not been a problem for you

satangod, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  14. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure a lot of people on this forum know exactly how you feel.

My advice is don't do what everyone else is doing... forget blogs, affiliate marketing, ebay, arcades, wallpaper sites, youtube clones etc...

Start with a tangible business idea... an online based service that can possibly fill a gap in the market.

In the long term its going to be tangible, successful BUSINESSES that really succeed. That's how I feel anyway.... making money through blogs using Adsense and anything like that is really short-medium term.

Again that's my opinion.

ruby, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  15. mr_budd

mr_budd Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear ya loud and clear, it took me 7 years to find a formula for success because I was trying everything instead of focusing on only one or two things. If you're anything like me you won't be able to quit because its in your blood and has become your heart's desire. Do NOT quit. I have found that getting a site listed in the search engines is the only thing that has worked and the easiest way I have found to do this is to create a decent seo optimized website on a topic you are interested in and then build content and especially backlinks from other sites. Good luck. Focus-Build-Link and you will see success.

mr_budd, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  16. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to learn is from failure. Consider yourself the most knowledgeable on what not to do!

It was not 7 years wasted. It was 7 years of learning.

In the end, search your soul. If this business is what you want to do, then make it happen... if not, then move on.

Good luck!

Sockmoney, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  17. mydeuter

mydeuter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please don't give up man ...there's a lot of opportunity here ...start with easier first like blog reviews , then put adsense , text links ads . Then multiply your effort with more niche blogs ...i'm beginner too and i'm happy what what i'm getting now ...

mydeuter, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  18. John84

John84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Our situations sound very similar Shamus. I've been trying for the last 5 years to do something big online. I've has some great ideas for sites but am very limited in terms of programming skills and financial backing. Currently trying to improve both but until then I have been forced to enter saturated fields like proxies and arcade sites which make me a measly .50 a day. Maybe we should start an "online failures" club and do failing joint ventures together. Seriously though, keep at it. I plan to. Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Thomas Edison

John84, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  19. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Ouch, a bit of bad luck. I have been into internet marketing for about 5-6 months, and have made good money through 4-5 methods, probably made close to mid xx,xxx by now. Give me a pm, I can hook you up with some of my idea's, at the moment I am working on a golden idea that would bring in $500 a day, I can let you in on it since I see that you need help. Either way, if you need some help, then send me a pm.

RichUser, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  20. djohnson

djohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to see that you seem to have reached the end of your rope. All I can say is stand back and take a breather, review your endeavors dispassionately and evaluate HONESTLY why you were doing each of them and why each one failed. While it is true that you will fail far more than you succeed, it very well may be that you are working against yourself and will never get ahead until you conquer that. Be honest in your evaluations of yourself and your failures and it should be pretty clear what the answer is for you...

djohnson, Sep 18, 2007 IP