1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After 3 years my site is still not being indexed ($100 reward)

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Seobiznezz, Oct 8, 2007.

I hate Yahoo so much because it wont even look at my site. If you can find out how to get my site indexed after 3 years of good SEO and PR 5 in Google and I will give you $100 reward.

I have tried and tried but yahoo doesn't like it. I would suspect that it is because it has the word "pharmacy" in the URL.

I will pay you via pay pal if you figure it out. You must be 99% sure that you have a fix and if it works and Yahoo finally looks at the site then you will get $100.

PM me for this site. And anybody that works for Yahoo, I welcome you to PM me too because this is just simply unacceptable.

Seobiznezz, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  2. kianah

kianah Peon

Best Answers:
    pay to be in yahoo directory and they will index you.

kianah, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  3. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea Kianah, but pharmacies are not accepted in the payed directory.

This is what sucks about Yahoo, we have lots of valuable information, herbal supplements, vitamins and such but Yahoo still wont touch us.

4. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have hundreds of yahoo ips on my site every day, I don't know what their doing besides crawling.

clinton, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  5. mrcrowley

mrcrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    Think you got it in one with the pharmacy in the url. Looks like your stuck.

mrcrowley, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  6. djixas

djixas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PM me with url, can help you maybe :)

djixas, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  7. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    And this is exactly why Yahoo is a piece of )*$@# search engine. I could build a page talking about children toy safety and Yahoo would simply ignore it but GOogle and MSN picks it up instantly.

I dare one person at Yahoo to contact me and challenge me to the reason behind not indexing our site.

8. fox-match

fox-match Peon

Best Answers:
    ok have you tryed to add rss feads as i belive yahoo love this as it new content ever day this may help try on one page and see how it goes.

I am haveing the same prob on some of my sites and yahoo are changeing there search engine and it slow

here i coped this of another site

With Yahoo News being more popular than CNN or MSNBC, (comScore) there’s a tremendous opportunity for online marketers to gain visibility with consumers as well as those members of the media that research news stories, subject matter experts and press releases online.

News search engines crawl a defined list of trusted news sources and employ their own algorithms to determine ranking of stories. Yahoo crawls about 6,500 sources with very few if any blogs included, Google crawls about 4,500 sources including many blogs and Topix.net says they include 10,000 news sources including blogs.
    Here are a few tips on getting visibility on several of these top news search engines:

Research web sites that are already trusted news sources and work on getting your articles or press releases published with them. Either pitch the journalists of those sites with contributed articles or story ideas or engage them via comments if it’s a blog.
    Submit press releases though wire services such as Business Wire, PR Newswire, PRWeb or MarketWire that supply news. Not every release makes it through into Yahoo News so be sure to write a quality release offering news of real value. Include full urls in the release as most wire services and news search engines will convert this to an active link. This method is where press release optimization skills come into play. It’s a challenging task to write press releases that are both engaging to journalists and consumers as well as to search engines through proper use of keywords.
    Apply to become a trusted news source. If your site produces frequent, original content, and/or has multiple contributors and a clear editorial process, then you may qualify as a trusted news source. Here are the links to apply for Google News, Yahoo News and Topix.net.

i hope ths helps you and me as we are in the same boat a sinking one lol

fox-match, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  9. maverick0

maverick0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PM me, I should be able to help you out... hope the $100 reward is still there...

maverick0, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  10. tsanko

tsanko Peon

Best Answers:
    Just put you link in your sign here and it will be indexed in 3-4 days.

tsanko, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  11. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need more backlinks mate.

ForgottenCreature, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  12. mike82

mike82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get more backlinks on relevant sites and you should get indexed.

mike82, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  13. Waffleguy

Waffleguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know of a quick fix. Stealth-forward a new domain using frames and get a few backlinks. They will pick it up.

Waffleguy, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  14. MammaRose

MammaRose Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with this. I put a new site in my sig here at DP and I was indexed in less than a week.

MammaRose, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  15. mrcrowley

mrcrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    This may be true, but maybe backlinks is not the problem. We need to know the url to know for sure.

mrcrowley, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  16. olti

olti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First create a Geocities homepage and add your sites url, second join to some Yahoo groups and send mails with your site url. This worked for me.

olti, Oct 8, 2007 IP
    Ginene likes this.
  17. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have many inbound links to this site. It is a PR 5 on Google. We have a customer base of 10000 accounts but if one of our customers even searches for us in Yahoo we dont' even come up.

PM me people. The reward is still there. Even someone that works at Yahoo can explain to me what to do to get indexed then you get the $100.

18. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll take your challenge! :D

Sem-Advance, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  19. Sanma

Sanma Active Member

Best Answers:
    I might be able to help you *sending PM*, but i doubt that your site will be indexed even with this.
    I can try though, i don't lose anything with it =)

Sanma, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  20. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    Obviously there is some sort of penalty. Problem with these penalties are that it is very difficult to go, even if you know the reason. pharmacy in URL could be one the reasons, but not necessarily the only reason. Other reasons could be the sites you are linking to, any small / css based text that yahoo mistook for hidden text/ links from sites that yahoo doesn't trust etc.

alemcherry, Oct 8, 2007 IP