1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Marketing - Walk me through it.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by VacationCrasher, Aug 13, 2017.

Okay, so we have a decent medium sized website (12-15M pageviews per month, 95% US traffic, blah blah blah).

We've never used or considered using affiliate marketing beyond the usual Amazon links for products, books, etc, etc. but we've started being approached by affiliate companies trying to get us to give them a shot.

Rather than jump in like an idiot, can somebody give me a dummies guide to affiliate marketing real quick? I know the idea, but what are the real world conversion rates and what is the effective RPM / CPM from it?

VacationCrasher, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well with this traffic on your website you are a milionaire i can tell you for sure but you need to know ho to monetize your traffic .Be sure to build an email list ,this its the most important thing in affiliate marketing .If you have 12 milion visits per month and lets say your conversion its 10% then you you get more that 1 milion email adress .Numbers are amazing

Spartan14, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  3. BinkyM

BinkyM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what type of site you have?

what is your site about?

BinkyM, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of this depends on your niche, how closely the products you promote relate to your niche, and the responsiveness of your visitors.

Those affiliate companies who are contacting you should be able to provide you with the numbers you're looking for. You might want to take the numbers they give you with a grain of salt though (so to speak). They may not be completely honest with you. But the numbers you're asking for vary from niche to niche and among product types within a niche.

Are a majority of those page views returning visitors? If so, then you have an interested audience. That is golden if you market affiliate products that relate to the subject they're interested in. Just don't flood them with promotions or you'll turn them away. You want to sprinkle the product links into that content you're already attracting them with.

Check Google Adwords to see if the product type you're looking at is selling. And to see how popular it is. If those statistics are low there isn't a lot of profit in that product. Enter the keywords for your product and also check the additional keywords that Adwords suggests to find if your product is hot or not.

You can get a lot of information from the Standard Rate & Data Service (SRDS). It's expensive to purchase but if you have access to a local library that has a copy you look at it for no cost. Not all library branches have a copy though. For instance, here in Indianapolis there is one copy for the whole city. That is in the main branch downtown.

JoeSpirit, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  5. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what I was concerned about. You'd have to be very generous to call us a niche site in any way. We're a "right of center" news website with a focus on content that appeals to that audience.

We don't have tons of articles on products or things people are looking at so I'm not sure where these companies popped out of the woodwork all of a sudden.

I have the numbers they tell me, but I know PPC advertisers blow smoke up my ass about numbers all the time so I was hoping to at least get a general feel for what to look at, realizing we're talking about an entire marketing category so it's not simple to generalize.

VacationCrasher, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering that it sounds like they're looking at it from a TV ad point of view. Just toss it out there and a certain number will bite.

They get some of your viewers on their list and you pay the costs to give them those new list members.

You might consider customizing offers to the individual news posts. Find a product that's related to the story line. Could be something like a topic related magazine subscription.

JoeSpirit, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  7. EssayTraffic

EssayTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Your traffic can be decently monetized, you know. If some of your visitors are between 20-25 y.o. you are heartedly welcome to try our essay writing affiliate program essaytraffic.com
    We offer help with academic papers to all students. We operate on rev-share basis and you will get paid for every order your visitors make. If you are interested, please contact for more details.

EssayTraffic, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A massive page views per month is really a consideration to be approached by affiliate companies to extend their reach and increase conversions with the help of your site. Analyze every offer from the different companies that will be giving you more income.

KylieSweet, Aug 22, 2017 IP
  9. planck

planck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create an opt-in page on your site and capture the e-mail of your traffic.
    The key to success as an affiliate is a huge mailing list.
    If you have a million people in your mailing list, you'll become a millionaire in no time.

planck, Sep 16, 2018 IP
  10. Jimmy Portman

Jimmy Portman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We value 'word of mouth' so much that we've put together a generous affiliate (referral) program. Which means, every time you refer a customer our way, we'll pay you a percentage of the sale as a thank you.

You can sign up for our affiliate program by Clicking Here.

Our marketing strategy is a bit 'unique' in that we prefer to put money in our customers' pockets. It's a win-win, and I much prefer it to writing fat checks to Google and Facebook every month for their expensive advertising!

When you sign up for our referral program, you can literally start earning extra income in just a few minutes. We'll help you spread the word via social media. You friends and colleagues will thank you - and so will I.

Again, to sign up, Click Here.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy Portman, Oct 26, 2018 IP
  11. planck

planck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by word-of-mouth? Are you talking about offline word-of-mouth like one of those networking marketing scams or do you mean posting backlinks on blogs?

planck, Oct 26, 2018 IP