1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

affiliate marketing vs. E-commerce - for a newbie

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Molzer, Feb 17, 2019.

hello, i would like to know what would be the best way to start with an online business. Best means, that the chances to loose much money and time should be small, and also it would be good if it would be something with which i could learn much about internet marketing in general. As far as i know it is easy to start with affiliate marketing in small niches. No big investemts are needed. In e-commerce if i should do dropshipping also no big investments are needed as far as i know, with the chance to sell own brands later (white label). Probably in both, drop shipping and affiliate marketing the learing curve would be steep. With what i would end up in the long run i don´t know, i will decide later, but right now it is important to start somehow where chances of loosing much money or time (maybe because this field is not profitable anymore???) are small. What would you suggest? By the way, i am from germany, so i would „sell“ to german audience. thanks

Molzer, Feb 17, 2019 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing site takes time to write articles, get indexed then ranked. Normally 6 months before it starts taking off with free organic traffic. If you write your own content, it's a very cheap business model.

Ecommerce sites can make money from day one, with a budget. You can buy PPC (pay per click) traffic and see revenue quickly. Ecommerce sites are normally harder to rank for organic traffic, as they're not really content based like an affiliate site is.

Both have risks, ecommerce could cause you to lose more money, affiliate takes more time-but long-term success. What do you have more to spare? Time or money?

kjh-08, Feb 17, 2019 IP
  3. earlinewilkerson

earlinewilkerson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, In a short answer
    Internet affiliate advertising site does take some time to write articles, get indexed then ranked. Ordinarily six weeks before it starts taking away using no-cost organic traffic. It is a business model that is very affordable In case you write your content.

earlinewilkerson, Feb 17, 2019 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yep start with affiliate marketing. The main investment required is your time.

dcristo, Feb 17, 2019 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing is the best way to start the online business. People are earning great profits through it. Also you don't need to be technically skilled in that. Just need to understand the niche and promote a brand on other websites related to its niche.

MilesWeb, Feb 19, 2019 IP