1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate company wants access to my Google Adwords

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by XxAngelxX, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If a company is asking you to do this I feel it is your moral duty to warn us of which company it is. Seriously, this is a big problem in the affiliate industry and it needs to be cleaned up. Affiliate companies are way too aggressive with trying to figure out every little detail they can about successful affiliates and their campaigns. You can't trust them anymore. They shouldn't even be trying to peek at your landing page, let alone your entire adwords campaign.

Its not slander or libel if it is true.

ForgottenCreature, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  2. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Thing is that we have yet to know if the top management of the network requested the Adword information, or only the affiliate manager. In most cases, it was the affiliate manager who requests it for their own personal gain.

RichUser, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  3. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    still the AM's are being hired by the top management. AM's are our direct link to the company and whether he did it in his own right or not he was still working on behalf of the company. Both AM and Company should be outed.

WharfeValley Systems, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  4. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    The difference between slander and libel is that libel is the written or otherwise published, public defamation of a person or entity such as an organization or company, while slander is the spoken false defamation of a person or entity. Slander can also include bodily gestures while libel can include published photographs. Defamation is any wrongful injury to the reputation of a person or entity.

try again dingdong

Shoemoney, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  5. jstme

jstme Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not give this info up, If they dont trust you why do you want to keep you business there? Plenty of other networks out there with the same/similar offer.

jstme, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  6. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just ask them to deposit 100K $ as security precaution :)

chandan123, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  7. theman12468

theman12468 Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is slandering or libeling who? All I've read was the fact that this affiliate company wants to gain access to the users adwords account. Covering this would not be a problem...

theman12468, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  8. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were you I would find another affiliate company. There are so many out there with nearly the same offers anyways. Never give your adwords info to an affiliate company because that is your property. They could easily get into the account and change links around without you noticing to make the affiliate ID change etc its just never good for them to have access. What company is it because it is actually in my opinion an illegal business policy.

primeelite, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  9. XxAngelxX

XxAngelxX Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone,
    I wanted to report back on this issue. \

So I have to admit I made a mistake by posting about this so quickly. What I should have been doing is working with my affiliate manager and the company in the first place and getting this whole issue settled. Though I do appreciate everyone here being so helpful and kind.

Before this, I had never been questioned about my affiliate promotion work being fraud and I guess I just felt offended by the whole thing and I panicked.
    With that said, I did understand where the company was coming from by questioning my account.

So anyway, my affiliate manager was trying to help me and stand by me to get this whole situation figured out. He was doing everything he could and looking for any ways to prove my innocence. (which I now understand and appreciate more) He never demanded anything, just made suggestions on how I can prove this was honest promotion work on my part. I now see he was only doing it for my best interest.

Well I’ve heard horror stories about affiliate companies before (even though this particular one has a great reputation) and got scared. The thought of losing the money you worked hard for would set anyone in panic mode and thats what happened to me.

But I’m happy to say that this story has a happy ending.
    My affiliate manager sat me down today, talked to me, and worked everything out for me. He got my account cleared. I will be getting paid for all my work. Thanks to all his hard work…everything is all settled.

I guess the lesson learned here is…. trust your affiliate manager. There may be some shady ones out there but there are also some great ones too! I was lucky in that my affiliate manager ended up being one of the great ones.

XxAngelxX, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  10. XxAngelxX

XxAngelxX Peon

Best Answers:
    --oops, double post---

XxAngelxX, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  11. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on your resolution. Also congrats on making shoemoney.com :)

flaco, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  12. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Strange story...

???

Lastbutnotleast, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  13. TheSilverSurfer

TheSilverSurfer Peon

Best Answers:
    What a happy ending.

It's nice to hear because being new, I'm kinda paranoid about these kinds of situations. I realize if I do what works for the 4 parties involved, me, advertiser, network and visitor, it's a legitimate business and everything is going to be fine and dandy.

People who fill out their own offers or get other people to, or send crappy traffic or whatever, they are ruining for everyone I guess.

TheSilverSurfer, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  14. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol.. no, dont give your adwords accesss.
    BTW - which company ?

MeetHere, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  15. Lewcifer

Lewcifer Peon

Best Answers:
    I just found out about this through shoemoney.com - and hope it's not too late to offer you advice.

I'm surprised to see "marketers" mostly offering you the negative type of advice that they are. One rule I have learned over the years is, "when at all possible, avoid being the one who says no." What you need to do is create a situation which benefits you, or induces the other party to be the one that says no.

For your particular scenario, I suggest you respond in the affirmative... be very cooperative, and offer full access to your adwords account. However, require that they sign a non-disclosure and non-compete, with specific dollar penalties drafted into it for disclosing or using your information to their competitive advantage. Also include a clause making the principals of the company personally responsible for the legal debts incurred as a result of litigation. I won't go into all the details of it here, but you basically create a high-stakes game for them to play, if they dare.

As I said before, I try and avoid saying "no" to any request. Instead, I "up the stakes" so as to make the sought-after concession less desirable. That strategy has served me well throughout my lifetime, and will continue to serve me until my days here on Earth are done.

Regards,
    Lew Payne

Lewcifer, Oct 18, 2008 IP