1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords zero clicks, high sessions in GA

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tinggg, Aug 29, 2017.

Hi
    We had a media agency running campaigns from their Adwords account. As a result their adwords account and our Google analytics account were not linked.

The campaigns stopped two months ago.
    In our GA account we never got click data because the accounts were not linked I guess. However during the campaign we saw session data which we attributed to the campaigns. However 2 months after the campaigns have stopped we are still seeing lots of sessions attributed to adwords campaigns.

Any idea why we are seeing sessions for campaigns that stopped running 2 months ago?

Thanks

tinggg, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe people added links with GCLID to their bookmark and now they access your site through that.
    Or agency created ad, took link and shared it through some sharing site with cheap traffic. It is almost obligatory for agencies to share AdWords, Analytics and Tag manager accounts with clients. Clients are owners of these accounts, and agencies only manage them.
    Send me screenshots from here: Acquisition-->Owerview, Acquisition-->All Traffic-->Source/Medium and Acquisition-->All Traffic-->referrals (see photo attached) for selected period and I can tell you more.
    Regards

Attached Files:

Fer0, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  3. tinggg

tinggg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, bookmarking is a possible cause. The amount of google/ppc sessions today was 56 which is high for bookmarked traffic, however 50 were return visitors. Not sure how long GA will record a visitor as a 'returning visitor' though and the campaigns ended 2 months ago.

The issue with using a media company to do adwords (and please correct me if i'm wrong) is that clients like us pay using invoices routed via our accounting dept - so we say to the media company "yes, run us a 10k campaign and invoice us", because of that they use their own adwords account which they fund and charge us back via an invoice. If we got them to use an account we created and that we gave them access to (one that we could link to a GA account) we'd need to direct fund the campaigns i.e. with a creditcard - yes/no? That type of arrangement just isn't possible in our organisation so the problem is paying for the campaigns directly instead of through a the media company. I definitely think that the best approach is to create a company adwords account, give the media company access to run the campaigns and link the adwords account to our GA account - however payment is the problem. Anyone found a way to deal with this issue?

Thanks

tinggg, Aug 29, 2017 IP
  4. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I should see GA reports to give you a solid explanation.
    Your company can pay AdWords invoices directly to Google and pay separate invoice to agency managing the account.
    Since I own Google partner agency I can tell you that Google unofficially demands that client owns all of the accounts. And if client is not satisfied with services received they can remove agency from account and give account management to some other agency.
    Simple.

Fer0, Aug 29, 2017 IP