1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords vs Clickbank tracking

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by xception, Feb 18, 2009.

hi

could some one help me on this . i have enabled adwords tracking and asked the merchant to place the code in thank you page . i received the email that he has done.

i havent made any sales so far from CB. But sterday my adwords account showed 11 clicks and two conversions but when i checked my clickbank there were only 2 hops and no sales.

i dont know how come google show 2 conversion but CB doesnt. i guessed that someone may clicked my ad but later bought the book through some other site so he had adword cookie of mine and CB cookie of some one else .If it has happened to one coversion its ok , but it has happened for another conversion too.

Please can someone explain this.

thanks in advance

xception, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  2. gduncan

gduncan Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using a landing page? If you have a lander, then it just means that only 2 of the 11 visitors who clicked on your ad actually clicked through to the product page. That would explain your 2 hops from 11 clicks.

If you're direct linking, then I can't explain to you why you would only have 2 hops from 11 clicks. I suppose time zone differences could account for some discrepencies, but the only other explanation that I can think of is that there are some problems with one (or both) of the tracking systems. I've seen some things that have made me question both AdWords and ClickBank tracking at certain times.

It has been explained to me that conversions that show up in AdWords that don't result in sales are people who clicked on your ad, but also clicked at least one other ad before they purchased. I'm struggling with this myself. It's such a downer to loose a sale like that, but I'm no landing page expert and it happens to me much too frequently.

gduncan, Feb 18, 2009 IP