1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords targeting in China?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by olddocks, Feb 26, 2016.

I am trying to promote some services to chinese clients and i am shocked to find that Google ads has only reach of about 2.2 million users. I believe china has over 2 billion population which is about 10% reach through adwords.

Why is Google not used much in china? It seems they have a worse presence.

olddocks, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because China has it's own search engine called Baidu and most people use it. In China, people don't Google, they Baidu. They have something like 75% of the search market. So if you want to reach Chinese people, use Baidu.

There's also the fact that most don't speak English. Although according to my source, about 200 million now speak it. But still, they are more likely to search on Baidu in Chinese. That's what the 2.2 million number is reflecting, those using Google in English.

BTW, China has a population of "only" 1.3 billion, not over 2 billion.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  3. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I looked at baidu CPC it seems they dont have online platform in english to signup. I find it very difficult to promote in china.

olddocks, Feb 27, 2016 IP
  4. enomyn

enomyn Member

Best Answers:
    google already withdraw out from China due to country policy. Basically local ppl unable to use google products as it was blocked. I believe the traffic you receive are those who are using VPN. to promote in China, better look for baidu.

enomyn, Mar 23, 2016 IP
  5. Anusha55

Anusha55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    GOogle has already left china and it's way back and They will not enter the Country due to a bad policy of China which ruins the people's freedom of choice and free selection. Baidu might be good but not as Good as Google. You have to go through the Baidu advertisement segment.

Anusha55, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  6. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    That`s because of two reasons:

1. China has it`s own search engine which they can control as they please
    2. Google withdrew from China because of the country`s policy

HCFGrizzly, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  7. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, greetings from China. Google, youtube, and twitter are all blocked by the f*cking China government:mad: If you want to advertise in baidu, you can send a email to for help.

hbl, Apr 15, 2016 IP