1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords potential problems

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by arielc, Feb 7, 2007.

How do I know that is no other person running campaign to the same publisher at the same keywords when I am running an Adwords campaign with a ClickBank Publisher???. Isn't it illegal for Adwords???
    Thanks guys.

arielc, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  2. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you'll know because Google will tell you. It doesn't allow to have 2 different advertisements linking to the same website on the one page.

dog_24, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  3. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not illegal but google won't show your ad if there is already someone advertising that site for a particular keyword

amnezia, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  4. arielc

arielc Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not illegal but once they hold my account because they argue I had multiple accounts... So is it illegal or not???

arielc, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  5. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ariel,

It's not "illegal" - it doesn't break any laws. It's also not against the adwords policy - just the fact that Google doesn't allow "double serving", meaning they allow only one ad per display URL. If someone else is advertising the same site with the same keywords, all it means is that whoever bids more, wins.

-T

Telmari, Feb 7, 2007 IP
  6. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:

Its not only determined by bid, its determined by the quality score of the ad

amnezia, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  7. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point amnezia, thanks for that correction. I had been thinking the OP would also be linking to the same site with a similar ad, so it the quality scores would be closer overall, but there are a lot of other factors that do come into play as well.

-T

Telmari, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  8. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's determined by both - quality score x bid. You can still outrank a higher 'quality' competitor by bidding high enough.

Dan, Feb 8, 2007 IP