1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords IS NOT a SCAM!! It's all about SEO!!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by gregdavidson, Feb 17, 2008.

Most of you who already know how Adwords works will think I'm stupid for posting this. For all you newcomers like myself, this should help you out. I recently started a new campaign for my new e-book which falls in the category of "wholesale". When I first setup my account I loaded up every single keyword/phrase from the Adwords Tool that was related to wholesale. At first, they ran my keywords for $.15 a click. Just when I thought it was all set, I checked my account again and noticed that every single keyword went up to $1.00-$10.00 a click!! The only keyword that didn't go up to that price was "wholesale sources". I looked back over my sales page and noticed that my title, meta tags, and content were saturated with the phrase "wholesale sources". So basically, if you want to get an affordable CPC for a highly competitive keyword, you have to optimize your entire website for that EXACT keyword. This will bring down your MINIMUM CPC to it's lowest. Optimize your web pages and get as many relevant backlinks as possible. This is the SECRET of using Adwords. So if you are a member of one of these Adwords Scam websites, you can cancel your membership and tell everyone what they're overlooking which is the BASICS.

gregdavidson, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  2. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another reason why you should set up different adgroups for different sets of keywords and create a seperate a relevant landing page for each adgroup

It's all about relevance ;)

vstar, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  3. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BTW How do you get Adwords to re-analyze your website? Just made some optimization changes.

4. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's call Google Slap if you promote a site that is completely not relevant to your campaign.

argothiusz, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  5. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    But you need the EXACT keywords in your website. For example, my website is related to wholesale dropshippers but I don't use that keyword/phrase anywhere on my landing page.

6. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    If you use the keywords you want but your website is not optimized enough you will be looking at $1.00 a click minimum. After you optimize your website more it will go down to as low as $.10 a click MINIMUM!

7. digi1

digi1 Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW, what a surprise , I never thought that the CPC had anything to do with the optimization of my website !!???

I thought the CPC was only related to how much competition there is for a keyword ....

Does Adwords mentions this anywhere ?

digi1, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  8. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword and landing page relevance directly effects the min CPC. If you are being google slapped, it is because the messaging in not transparent from keyword, to text ad to landing page.

Also, wholesale sources has been associated with a lot of scams in the past, and google is aware of this, which they will be keeping a close eye on for those types of keywords.

If they think your selling something that provides no value, you will continue to get slapped.

robertpriolo, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    That's what I'm saying! Google needs to put that right on the login/signup page. They need to put in big, bold, letters: PLEASE OPTIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE TO GET THE LOWEST CPC POSSIBLE. It's not entirely about how much the bidding is because you can get slapped with a $10.00 CPC for a key phrase like "doggy computer" if your website doesn't have the phrase anywhere in the titles or content. But then again, even if you have the lowest CPC possible which is maybe $.05 a click, you won't get as much exposure as other websites. Especially in competitive niches.

10. humbleman

humbleman Peon

Best Answers:
    you can try use exact keyword in ppc but the ppc cpc will be higher but the keyword will be targeted.

humbleman, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  11. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    now why would google do that? They don't care if everyone gets a low CPC. They would rather bury the information and let those wise enough to figure it out, figure it out.

robertpriolo, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  12. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what happens when a business has no competition... Sigh...

purdue512, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  13. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Also, if your CPC is at $1.00 minimum, that means your website is somewhat optimized for those keywords/phrases but needs a little more work.

14. nedim

nedim Guest

Best Answers:
    This is some information. I have just tried to work with this method, and it really works. More than a half of my keywords doesn't worked before, because it was a high bid for them, and after optimizing, it works like a charm and I have just 4 keyword they are not active because they are searching much money for it.
    Thanks for this information and God bless You :)

nedim, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  15. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'm glad I could help you. Also, I was curious, are you in a competitive niche? Can't seem to get some of the keywords out of the $1 minimum CPC even after a little optimization. Also, how many backlinks do you have to your website? It may be because the only optimization I have is on the website page.

16. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25 Guest

Best Answers:
    Does our CPC increases if the keyword completely matches to the landing page ?

deadlychaos25, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Well, just do what you would normally do to optimize a website. Add the keywords you're going for in your title, meta tags, and throughout your content. Also, build up relevant backlinks to your website.

18. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    BTW I wrote about the website I'm trying to promote in my blog which is also wholesale-related. I'm just testing it right now to see if the keywords have a lower CPC since my blog has some PR and is more optimized than my sales page.

19. DPGBB

DPGBB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Greg,

What have relevant backlinks got to do with PPC?

DPGBB, Feb 17, 2008 IP
  20. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Relevant backlinks have to do with SEO which is what Adwords is all about.