1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords is horrible...

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Bulldog San, Jan 15, 2005.

The amount of impression and click fraud going on right now is about to force me out of the program. I'm no longer able to use some of the best keywords since they'll be disabled in a day or two due to impression spamming. Had to stop running content related ads since the ROI was pretty much 0.

Contacting Google for help is like pissing up a rope - they're arrogance will cost them dearly very soon as more and more advertisers cancel their Adwords accounts.

Bulldog San, Jan 15, 2005 IP
  2. Iggsey Team

Iggsey Team Peon

Best Answers:
    that we opened an alternative to adsense. If you want information, message me and ill tell you. But google can be blamed entirely, they are trying to keep it under control.

Iggsey Team, Jan 15, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    They don't charge you for fraudulent clicks man :)

anthonycea, Jan 15, 2005 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't catch a great deal of them, I know when I've used adwords my ROI was much, much better on overture.

schlottke, Jan 15, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You can't use Adwords on Overture can you?

Adwords is a Google product used only on their search engine (and partner engines) and syndicated out to Adsense sites.

Your saying that text ads on the Overture network did better than the Google product, right Jacob?

6. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords ads show up on the Google SERPs and *can* show up on partner sites which serve adsense ads (Im sure you know that - it is set by default to have ads display this way)

It is my experience that overture by itself has a better ROI than Adwords, both with and without allowing google's partner sites to serve the ads.

7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I like the Adwords program, I quit because of a dispute with Google over spam in my keywords within the SERP's, no need to go back into that story, but I think it is worth the money if you bid low and your ads show up a lot.

For webmasters that have little exposure in the SERP's that is one way to get some sure exposure.

It is also great for websites that companies have invested millions in and need quick traffic to introduce a new marketing program.

8. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed Anthony- If you aren't ranking at all, or very low, its a great method. Its also useful for branding, etc if you are in a Niche or a field leader in your industry. On the other hand, if you're top 3 - 5 for your terms, Id suggest against it for those keywords. (Unless you're only paying a few cents per click.

9. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    That is because the quality of Overture's publishers is MUCH higher. Overture has requirements much higher than AdSense/Word's.... I can't vouch for one being better than the other though, as, AdSense should/probably has a much wider coverage....

Refrozen, Jan 15, 2005 IP