1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords instead of get paid by Google Adsense

Discussion in 'Payments' started by www.techdo.com, Feb 4, 2005.

Google doesn't allow to use the AdSense credit in Adwords instead of get paid ?

www.techdo.com, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, they do not.

digitalpoint, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  3. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish they would think it would great if they would wire my adsense revenue into my adwords account...saves me a lot of time

crazyhorse, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  4. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, keep asking them about your new ideas and what you would like new on adwords/adsense... If enough ppl do that, or they like one of your ideas very much, they'll probably implement it sometime.

It's not that they'll remain on the current state of development ;)

//edit: For example, I'd love to see PayPal support for giving out AdSense money. I wrote them an E-Mail and they told me they'll implement further paying methods, soon.
    Well, this was about 3 Months ago, but never mind ;)
    Just some days ago, I saw someone else writing an EMail to Google, asking exactly the same.

Hijacker, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  5. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    that's a good idea. never thought of it but i would more likely to use adwords for some of my sites had transfering funds from adsense been possible

Liminal, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  6. SpeedyDomainRegistration

SpeedyDomainRegistration Peon

Best Answers:
    Good idea indeed. This would actually help google out. They would save quite a bit by not printing and sending out all those checks every month.
    This would allow them to keep the money in their bank earning interest also.

7. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a pretty good idea. I was wanting to do the same too, with my accounts if the functionality had been available.

But, the reason Google are not doing this is 'cos it will reduce their revenue. If you wanted to advertise with Google, you would currently have to get an Adwords account and pay for it BUT if you started using your Adsense income, they won't get that money. And, they would be providing access to their system resources to people who would be earning "Adsense points", converting them to "Adwords points" and using them up. It'll be a big feedback loop with Google not seeing a single cent.

Of course, you can argue that Google has to pay out Adsense income in any case. That might be correct. But, there must be hundreds of sites out there that serve hundreds of ads and end up earning $90 bucks (say). That money is still in Google's account although they have already taken the advertiser's money for those ads!!

If every third Adsense member has an unpaid balance of $10 (say), imagine the amount of money Google would be making on the thousands (or millions??) of Adsense members they have (just on interest). In fact, a lot of them won't even get to the $100 mark (ever).

dfsweb, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  8. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed, that's an logic thought. Might be even the solution, probably.

dfs is totally right - I bet there are tons of AdSense using ppl out there, not reaching $100 in one or two month, or even EVER. So all this money will remain for Google, with no reward given to the customer. If you easily could convert it into AdWords Adspace, they'd lose all this money again... Yeah, that's it.

But they anyways could make money transfer between Sense and Words available: If you can only transfer money, when your AdSense balance is >$99.99, they'd be fine again :)

Hijacker, Feb 7, 2005 IP
  9. www.techdo.com

www.techdo.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This would be also good.

www.techdo.com, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  10. 12FreeForums

12FreeForums Peon

Best Answers:
    The adsense TOS says if you owe them money in adwords, they will take it from your adsense earnings. Sound to me like they can do it if they want to.

12FreeForums, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  11. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course they can :)

Hijacker, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  12. danpadams

danpadams Peon

Best Answers:
    My thoughts when reading this suggestion, was that for Google, instead of mailing us a check for adsense, and us paying our adwords bill, they could just transfer the money from one to another. For me, I wouldn't think this would bypass their $100 limit, so if you only make $90 from adsense, then you still would owe to adwords. Maybe we could suggest this to them.

Dan

danpadams, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  13. 12FreeForums

12FreeForums Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you email G and ask. The worst that could happen is that they ban you from the SERPS, drop you from adsense and send your adwords account to collections. :)

12FreeForums, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  14. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    It has the potential to be a bookkeeping nightmare for them as well. It would take some time to set up the implementation programs for it. I'm sure they will want to keep track of what money is coming from where. But it does seem like a good idea. (not that i use adwords) but still :)

wendydettmer, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  15. Hijacker

Hijacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, relating to all the other things they already carried out, I think this would be the least problem to code ;)

Hijacker, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  16. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    True! I mean, they don't have to do real-time creadit transfers between Adsense and Adwords accounts. Even if they had one-time transfers that users had to perform themselves, it would work quite well ..... i.e: You log in to your adsense account and click on "Transfer credit to Adwords", enter your Adwords login and password, select an amount and you're done! :)

dfsweb, Feb 10, 2005 IP