1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords "in trial" status

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by metrics, Nov 27, 2004.

I have many keywords which Google has assigned an "in trial" status even though they have few (and in some cases -- zero) impressions. In addition to possible slowing ads, I understand that the keywords in hold status won't show until the trial words are either stopped or have their CTR improved. Does anyone know a way to get around this without pressing the $5 restore button (which won't help anyway since the situation hasn't changed)?

metrics, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  2. havok2004

havok2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well depending on what your keywords are under i would say, change your keywords to exact match, [keyword], phrase, "keyword", or broad keyword, broad i would never suggest.....Anyway changing that will start your keywords over, also if your CPC is .005 go to .007 or .009 so on so on...But be careful because after they fail so many times they wont run at all no matter what you do :( I hate that but thats the way it is...... Good luck

havok2004, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  3. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a certain keyword that has a ctr of 10% (50imr, 5 clicks), yet it was put on hold!!! Others have 50 impr, 0 clicks yet they are still running normally...I really got no idea why too.

mudnik, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  4. mrjonman

mrjonman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have experienced the same kind of thing happening. Had words with high CTR put on hold.

I even tried deleting these "on hold" keywords from the existing Ad Group and then putting them into a completely new campaign and they were put on hold again, very quickly.

Sure would be nice if Google would come out with guidelines that were a bit more definitive.

John

mrjonman, Dec 11, 2004 IP