1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords fails bringing in rich clients?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by olddocks, Feb 25, 2016.

I run a very popular website, which deals with citizenship, real estate and investments to make rich clients invest worth over $250,000 dollars in European market. I have been running adwords campaigns over 8 years, spending atleast $500 every month, that is $6000 - $8000 dollars every year.

The problem with adwords is it brings poor quality traffic in this industry and maximum i am converting about 6 wealthy clients every year (not even 1 in a month).

Why is adwords not working searching for rich investor clients?

From what i have seen, organic traffic (without any promotion), brings good quality traffic and superior in converting.

Please help!

olddocks, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There could be many reasons why you are not achieving the results you'd like.

First, are your prospects even using Google? Yes, it is the most used search engine but that doesn't mean that your rich prospects are.

A common problem with advertisers I see all the time when taking on new clients is poor use of keywords. Most times, they use keywords that are too vague or too broad. In your case, maybe they are OK, you have been doing it for many years so I expect by now you've learned something. But since you are looking for a very small percentage of people with the cash to invest, that is hard to weed out the vast majority of people who can't.

What are your campaign settings? These can mess up a good campaign. You need to know the numbers for everything. You may have the search partners turned on and they may be bringing in poor quality clicks. You need to understand what search partners are in the first place and the difference between search and display campaigns. I've seen some campaigns where the solution is simply to check some boxes off and a bit or reorganization.

Another common issue is the landing page. It seems too many people expect the ads to do the selling. You need to look at your page and maximize its sales message so that the maximum number of visitors become buyers.

All may be OK with your campaign. What is the search volume on your keywords? You will have a harder time selling to 100 a year if there's only 1000 searches. So maybe your six per year is just what you should expect. I also assume you make a healthy profit even if you spend $8k a year so your ROI is likely very good. Still, if you can sell to 12 a year, you basically double your profits.

If you believe organic traffic is better traffic (higher quality), find out why. Is it real, backed by hard data or just a feeling you have? What keywords are being used to get to your page? What does your organic listing look like, which position? All these are clues to help make your PPC campaigns better, not just Google Adwords but Bing, Yahoo and others.

Good luck.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  3. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you LucidWM.

Yes, those poor quality clicks are the major source of problem. I have tried filtering and show the ads only in the country where people can afford money. For eg, i have refrained showing ads in african countries etc..

Avoiding search partners is a good point. I will work on that.

Even display network is worse as it exhausts all money within few minutes, so i am sticking only to Google search.

olddocks, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Is it even possible to filter your campaign in a way that it will bring in only wealthy users? I doubt it. If anything wealthy users have other options (connections) other than sitting searching for something they need on Google.

qwikad.com, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  5. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can filter by age statistics not by average income in Adwords.
    Anyway, this is what i did today to my campaigns to optimize:

1. Disabled the search partners and display network.
    2. Removed poor quality junk keywords
    3. Rewrote the display ads
    4. Used good domain landing pages
    5. Added sitelinks, callout and phone extensions
    6. Showing ads only in selected geographic location
    8. Increased the bid to $10 every day to increase the ad position and click conversion.

Very well said ad :) Personal connections are the key.

I believe all those rich people prefer talking to a real person than just googling it. I think if they want something, take up a phone and call their lawyer, not google it.

I have been using adwords over 10 years, i feel that the more they add lot of features, the more complicated it becomes to run campaigns by tweaking the settings.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    olddocks, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >> Avoiding search partners is a good point. I will work on that.

Don't avoid it just because I said so. Find out the numbers. But my guess in your case is that you don't want to use search partners.

Search and display should be kept separate. Not all campaigns should use display. But when you do, it should also be used intelligently and strategically. Most advertisers I know use display campaigns totally wrong. As you already did such a campaign, there may be interesting data in there to use. It's up to you to dig it out.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  7. eBranding

eBranding Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

There are some which i think you may not be using, which will be resulting to attract less number of rich clients.
    • There should be above-the-fold CPM biddong on dsiplay network
    • Board match modifier
    • Scripts
    • Auction insights
    • Search reports
    • Analysis of keywords
    • Adwords editor
    Hope it works.

Thanks,
    Ebranding.

eBranding, Apr 12, 2016 IP