1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords Certification Duration, Costs, Reasons?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Mr.Dog, Aug 4, 2012.

Hello,

I was wondering as an individual how much would it cost to apply for the test? As I know there is a 50 USD entry fee, now I'm not sure if there's more... some people talk about 1000 USD that must be spent through the AdWords account before applying...

As for time... how long does it take?
    Weeks, days, months? To if it takes 3 weeks or 4 months is extremely important, as I am working on a lot of projects right now...

Why should I take it?
    What do I do with it?

I'm all eyes for your answers, opinions... :rolleyes:

Mr.Dog, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  2. bty2047

bty2047 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Take it for sales reason. People are more likely to but your AdWords services if they hear you wrote an exam and are AdWords certified.

bty2047, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's been years so the numbers may be different today and my memory may be faulty but here's what I remember. Check with Google themselves as to the current terms.

$50 to take the Adwords certification exam. Of this I'm certain. This for every time you take the test. Should you fail, it is non refundable. You need 80% to pass.

I've had a MCC account for so long, I don't know the current rules. But that $1000 you speak about is to get a MCC account. As I recall, you must average $1,000 per month across all accounts for a period of six months. Not having a MCC or not meeting this spend does not prevent you from taking the exam. But contact Google. You don't need a MCC account to service clients but it sure helps a lot and I suggest getting one.

As previous post says, you may get a client asking for your certification and you may get the job just because of it. Those not aware of it may be impressed if you say you are certified. It wouldn't impress me as I know what the certification really means. I give my own test to those wanting to work for me.

Lucid Web Marketing, Aug 4, 2012 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  4. deepakkumaarr

deepakkumaarr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the valuable information "Lucid Web Marketing"

This is very helpful to those how want to Attend or to get AdWords Certified !! :)

deepakkumaarr, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  5. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks for the details... I see they removed the 1000 USD AdWords account spending limit.

How about the time, how long does it take to learn and obtain?

Mr.Dog, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  6. Mold1958

Mold1958 Peon

Best Answers:
    Only if you are planning on selling adwords service.

Mold1958, Aug 7, 2012 IP